Kenne Bell Supercharger for 5.3

I've posted at Pacific Audio and FSC on this same topic, and have yet to contact a Kenne Bell user yet.

But, please allow me to introduce myself. I live in the LA area, and am looking for a bullet proof as possible supercharger for my 2000 Silverado Z71 5.3. No other mods on the drive train except for a magnaflow.

I've discounted centrifugal's as my application is a daily driver, which leaves me with a Roots or twin screw (Whipple or KB). The roots Magnacharger requires an intercooler and the Radix is an even more involved install, and $1000 more.

The KB seems to be the most thoughtfully engineered of the bunch, mainly because of the programming, and I read Tjwong's modification of his Whipple, which ended up close to the KB concept. Removal of the interface computer and auxilliary injectors, and replaced stock injectors with marine injectors. A very knowledgeable write-up indeed.

So, my question is, even tough the KB's only been out about 9 months, does anybody have firsthand knowledge with it?

Thanks,

Roger

I considered KB when I was shopping. I don't know how true it is, but there seems to be alot more complaints about support and warranty issues with them. In the end I got the Radix. The install is not too bad and it is a well engineered kit.

It would be cool if they made a replacement blower for the Radix. The Screw type compressor mounted on the Radix system would be cool :thumbs:

Try reading the fourms over at SuperchargersOnline.com

The froums are not real active, but they have a Kenne Bell section and usually some good information.

Thanks for the referral to Superchargers online. I saw your posts before you bought the Radix. I've talked to a couple of retailer/installers, and the feedback has been positive on that unit, only down side being the additional $1000, but it's for a worthy cause!

I wonder if some of the customer service issues with KB are due to their intolerance of aftermarket overkill, and bad tuning on the customer end? The KB website is sarcastically humorous in that regard.

Thanks again, Roger

Archived