changing tires size slightly

ey guys,  picking my brand new silverado 1500 this afternoon and cant wait! I'm currently running 265/70/r17 which is stock on the WT model.   I found a brand new pair on from another 2019 silverado RST model for a great deal that is 265/65/18.  seems very minor to me but will this affect my truck, void my warranty etc.....   i have the 3.42 rear axle and i believe the RST is 3.23.  only real major difference i can see.

thanks

There are.huge issues in tire size changes and it can void warranty if the dealer chooses to be a a55hole. But for the most part the factory computer have adaptive table to relearn for all of it at the power or.i should say torque levels of a stock truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The dealer can only void a warranty on something related to the mod you made. It would be very rare the would have a problem with a factory wheel and tire set up. They could only deny a claim on something related to the mod like spindles, the rest of the warranty would not be effected. That’s the Magnussen-Moss act from the Federal Government. 

In the bulletins for the shake it states that if aftermarket brand or tire size in on the vehicle then they need to be replaced with factory equipment before service work can continue. So even if the dealer lies so they are paid for work order and skips step one, what happens when why can't fix the problem. And the customer is upset and issue remains? Something has to be typed on the work order.
I agree rare and I wouldn't let it stop me. But it is possible. I have personally read claims on engine service with SUPER upset customers and denied do to oil analysts. So totaled car or cost so much it is out of customers ability to pay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk