Stereo System Issue - BIZARRE

I have trouble with my phone connecting to the truck. It says no phone connected in the DIC, connect phone in the phone app, and when you go to phones it says my phone is connected for incoming calls only. It's 50/50 whether I'm able to actually place or receive a call when driving. Also, android auto works fine and can place a call but it goes to the phone and not the truck. It's frustrating as heck especially because if we have our phone in our hand we can get a ticket.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 7/31/2019 at 1:40 PM, KEEPER OF SECRETS said:

I have had three instances with mine so far in 50 days of ownership.

It's definitely a software related glitch.

Rule #1 in the IT world, Power cycle.

All three times times here's what I did and it "fixed / reset itself". The radio then worked normally.

- Shut the truck off.

- Key out of ignition.

- Open door.

- Close door and wait 5 mins. (You don't even have to get out of the truck, just simulate that you did.)

- After 5 mins, open door.

- Close door.

- Key in ignition and rotate to start but don't start the truck.

- Give it a few seconds to let the system initialize.

- When I see the Chevy logo pop up on the infotainment screen I started it up.

- Radio functioned normally. 

I'm betting it's the initial key on start up sequence that's got it tripping on it's own shoe laces.

I will be watching mine like a hawk, as well as giving it a few seconds before starting it up.

My three issues were this.

1st. Extreme back ground interference with what sounded like rapid popping noise through the radio's speakers and shutting off all other music. Even after shutting off the truck and restarting it without waiting it continued to make the noise. After shutting the truck off for 1hr, it was back to normal. 

2nd Radio wouldn't Bluetooth connect for streaming music. 5 minute power cycle method above fixed it.

3rd. Radio screen went black with zero function after starting the truck. 5 minute power cycle method above fixed it.

Even though my truck has the most basic of basic infotainment systems with no WiFi, it's still a computer.

Thank the Lord, the reboots/time outs fixed it. 

One thing you could do, would be to take a video with your phone as evidence of the issue to show your Service Dept if you take it in. The only downside would be file size of the video you make, could be un-sendable without physically connecting your phone to their computer.

Hope this helps.

-Patrick-

I thought ALL new GM trucks were keyless ignition?

3 hours ago, tstephansen said:

I have trouble with my phone connecting to the truck. It says no phone connected in the DIC, connect phone in the phone app, and when you go to phones it says my phone is connected for incoming calls only. It's 50/50 whether I'm able to actually place or receive a call when driving. Also, android auto works fine and can place a call but it goes to the phone and not the truck. It's frustrating as heck especially because if we have our phone in our hand we can get a ticket.

So you went through this procedure?

https://youtu.be/RD05ZKPCja0

So you went through this procedure?

I have. I've actually done it twice. Same result. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. My phone always asks me for messages permission when it connects though. The strange thing is sometimes my phone will say "myChevrolet has rejected the pairing" or something like that and it also won't show up in the previously paired bluetooth devices list when it does that. I'm not sure if it's the phone or the truck. I've had this phone (pixel 3 xl) for around a year and I never had issues with it before but who knows.

This "layering" and playing of different music "sources" simultaneously is occurring more frequently and is terribly annoying.  I was on a 6 hour road trip this weekend and it did it at the start of the trip.  I tried all the mentioned means for "rebooting" the system to no avail.  I didn't unhook the battery to see if this would resolve the problem as I didn't have time or tools with me.  It's so frustrating as I despise listening to "commercials" on FM/AM stations but am forced to as the damn infotainment system is flawed and getting worse.

Tell ya what happened to me yesterday. 

Not sure how it happened, but my infotainment screen went blank. The radio played fine and all.

So, I call the dealer and sure enough, I just done what has been described above by letting the truck recycle and it came back on. 

He told me it would probably never happen again, but that if it did to call and they would look at it. 

It’s just a bit odd that all of these problems are getting worse with time. 

I hate to do it, but I may try a factory reset on mine next time to see if perhaps it is some data that is being cached and is corrupted? It’s not just these trucks though - my ‘19 Cruze has odd issues with CarPlay GPS apps lagging and then waze eventually glitching and artifacting on the screen (was real fun in NYC having a GPS 1/2 block behind at all times this am, lemme tell you).