Teardrop piece on door handle

You might want to think that one through.

Why does the driver door have a keyhole? It's in case your fob battery dies, in case your fob is damaged, or in case the battery dies and you cannot use the power locks to open the door.

If you replace it and cover it, what will you do if any of those scenarios occurs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

You might want to think that one through.

Why does the driver door have a keyhole? It's in case your fob battery dies, in case your fob is damaged, or in case the battery dies and you cannot use the power locks to open the door.

If you replace it and cover it, what will you do if any of those scenarios occurs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Logical question. If it simply pops off and let’s me get to the keyhole I’m not so worried about it. If it comes off with a screw on the inner door panel, that’s a different story.

The wife’s Acura before the one she has now I did this to and never had an issue. Just makes things a little cleaner over all.

Exactly right. You have to access the screw from the door jamb which means you absolutely have to be able to open the door to get the cover off. 

Of course, if you really REALLY had to get to your keyhole, you could just break the plastic using #@%&$* and then just buy a new cover for $17.