Using Gm rewards online

You have to go into the gm app to trade points for credit. I traded 22000 points for 110 in credit. Bought my wind deflectors that way.

Once you have the credit vouchers, you can take them into any gm dealership parts department.  They are required to take the vouchers.  You can't use them online.

You don't need a physical voucher, just the voucher numbers. They will pull them up, but they can't look up the vouchers without the number nor can they trade the points for you. They also don't give cash back or voucher credit on partially used credit. Better to buy enough to use a voucher all at once.

49 minutes ago, Ion said:

You have to go into the gm app to trade points for credit. I traded 22000 points for 110 in credit. Bought my wind deflectors that way.

Once you have the credit vouchers, you can take them into any gm dealership parts department.  They are required to take the vouchers.  You can't use them online.

You don't need a physical voucher, just the voucher numbers. They will pull them up, but they can't look up the vouchers without the number nor can they trade the points for you. They also don't give cash back or voucher credit on partially used credit. Better to buy enough to use a voucher all at once.

I get that however my dealer doesn't want to budge off of MSRP and I'd like to stretch those bucks as far as I can.  I will be using part of them for an alignment since I installed a leveling kit on friday but wanted to try and do that and get the console organizer with very little out of pocket.  Basically I'm being cheap.  

tell me more about this point program. wifey getting a new equinox....

Is this connected to a credit card?  

Check out my GM rewards online. It’s pretty easy to get. I only have points from buying the truck and signing up with my email.

Not sure where you want them to move on the price.  GM has very little margins on most of their accessories (assuming dealer is being honest and using MSRP with no markup) and if you are using MyRewards points, don't expect a single budge on the price.  That's what the points are for, to cut the price. 

If you only have points from buying the truck and email sign up, that's just over 20,000 points.  That's = $100 accessory dollars. 

Edited by newdude

46 minutes ago, brianc636 said:

Check out my GM rewards online. It’s pretty easy to get. I only have points from buying the truck and signing up with my email.

so you have to except a CC?  I dont need or want another one already have a GM family CC

so you have to except a CC?  I dont need or want another one already have a GM family CC

I do not have the CC, nor do I want one. I just signed up with my email for the program when I got the truck.

Don't forget, if you also have an OnStar account on another owned vehicle, you can link it to your My GM Rewards program. Ex: My previous OnStar account that was 2 years old, netted me 1100 points. And any new vehicle purchased after you start your account gives you 20k more. So, let's say you just bought a new vehicle. 20k, You have a previous OnStar account still active. More points. You setup your email account. More points. You complete an online survey about your visit or if you actually call the MyGM rewards help desk. More points. Your spouse gets a new car. Another 20k. Anytime you have service done at a dealership. More points. It all adds up and is worth it for nothing more than your time.

Here's the link.

https://www.mygmrewards.com/

Edited by KEEPER OF SECRETS

I was having same problem as OP. I had $200 in rewards credits. You could get 20% off online at the Chevy accessories website with free shipping to dealer, but you could not use rewards credits. Local dealers all just quote MSRP which was 20% higher than the Chevy accessories website. I ended up just buying a Thule bike rack for $299 MSRP from the dealer and used the $200 credit. So yeah it sucked I had to pay msrp, but end of the day I got a Thule 4 bike hitch rack for $99 plus tax so I was still pretty happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk