Sunglass Holder

Well I traded my 15SLT for a 19SLT and was also going what the what!! I actually used the sunglasses holder for napkins in my 15 because I am also a neat freak when it comes to my truck.  Also they removed storage on the doors and the cup holders are not removable to be cleaned.  Love the room in the truck though.  They also removed the ability to have text read to me while driving.. GM dont give and then take away[emoji848]

I miss the text App
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=227108&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egm-trucks%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F227108-I-miss-the-text-App&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well my 15 had a vibration at 75 mph that I had taken it in 6 times and got the oh that's normal so I said you can have it back..  I loved the truck, but did not want to keep it for 10 years like have my last 2 with a a vibration like that.  Don't get me wrong I really like the 19 just think GM missed on a few interior no brainers...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Holy crap, they took away my '16s sunglasses holder! Where can I possibly place them within easy reach now?

DSCN0632.JPG

DSCN0633.JPG

DSCN0634.JPG

DSCN0636.JPG

Actually those of us who the bench seats have a lot fewer options. Just the armrest cubby, and that's not easy to open and dig around in when driving. Lost a cupholder too. And that dash cubby is near useless, can't see inside it, and hard to reach. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Why didn’t you keep the 15? Did you sit in/test drive the 19 before buying?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think very few pay attention to something like a sunglass holder or removable cupholders when test driving. For me it was considered an obvious "must be there". I've bought 3 chevy trucks in a row and generally know what i'm getting. When I test drive I'm just making sure things aren't all messed up.

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

Holy crap, they took away my '16s sunglasses holder! Where can I possibly place them within easy reach now?

DSCN0632.JPG

DSCN0633.JPG

Not everyone likes to leave their valuables out and exposed. In fact your local police will advise against this. And yes, my sunglasses are over $200 and yes a dope fiend would consider a smash and grab for them.

Additionally, I don't have that center console and have resorted to using the top pic for my sunglasses. They're nice and hot when baking in the sun and I'm sure the lenses and rubber aren't enjoying the uv rays all day either.

Not everyone likes to leave their valuables out and exposed. In fact your local police will advise against this. And yes, my sunglasses are over $200 and yes a dope fiend would consider a smash and grab for them.
Additionally, I don't have that center console and have resorted to using the top pic for my sunglasses. They're nice and hot when baking in the sun and I'm sure the lenses and rubber aren't enjoying the uv rays all day either.

Try putting them in a case and in one of the door cup holders. Out of sight and fits well (I have 1 of my 3 pairs of $200+ Oakley’s stored there

Another option (you all are welcome) I used in my 2010 Silverado

1b42bd1f5093de99d14267e51cece8ab.jpg

Ryan B.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Try putting them in a case and in one of the door cup holders. Out of sight and fits well (I have 1 of my 3 pairs of $200+ Oakley’s stored there

Another option (you all are welcome) I used in my 2010 Silverado

Ryan B.

I appreciate the attempt to help, the point generally speaking is that I shouldn't have to go on amazon to find a basic solution to a need for a $54k truck.

I'm also now really annoyed that there are no usb ports inside the center armrest storage. Such a nice place to hide my iphone cable and also charge my Bluetooth headphones. Now my cable just hangs from the dash... 

• Like 1