Parts coming in for New Rig! Brembos, wheels, tires, spending $ like a drunk sailor!

I saw that in the picture I thought maybe it was going somewhere on the truck. I’ve been pricing higher end light bars for different applications
Is it really worth the money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on the application.

I’ll throw $40 LED pods on my Kubota tractor for playing around at night.

But I installed a $1600 RI on my wrangler for reliability, performance, fit & finish.

For me it depends on the application. And yes the quality difference is dramatic... as so is the price

707df77294f83369752aeb581c29352a.jpg

08d8e29db4e9b5db4654cb6d01498631.jpg

3f6068d26a8b765b090661301fef9107.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wheels on!

285/55/22

ride quality improves pretty damn good..  zero notice of all that increased rotational mass which i was worried about..  more composed, softer transitions on road changes, less noise, no rubbing, no wheels sticking out 4 inches past the fender.

got the oem black lugs as well.. they look to be anodized or/coated very high quality.. as they should ($200 or something)

7a88146d78703796c8edd7fe4c784d67.jpgc4643ed0c1b2dacd9634273bd3127b50.jpg47bf2e0d653fba476da928665c9abf4b.jpgbaa37ec4ab1f81f09ab47c03e39e77e3.jpg

Edited by PabloK
  • Like 4

Debadged

my typical heat gun/fish line technique was not working...

ran a hose from my garage (which is hot/cold) on pure 100% hot.  Blasted part of the badge for 4-5 minutes with that hot water and the badges and glue cane off in 1 piece.  I highly recommend this..  also let the area cook in the sun as long as you can..  you need the metal panel to get as hot as possible for the glue to come off real nice.  

479d40731d0558a467edc4f7c1f094c0.jpg

Edited by PabloK
  • Like 3

Just installed the GMC branded CAI.

haven’t had the ecu reprogrammed yet.

engine / exhaust is bone stock.

Def added a nice growl from the engine bay.. 100%.  It’s nothing crazy, but the difference is very noticeable..  around 2500 the added growl

install was kind of a bitch..  these trucks are so damn high...  I’m 6’2 and I had a ladder... but bending over just beats you up.  Too fat and old...

9E8399BC-F1A6-4E0B-94E2-5C491F5FB1C1.jpeg

Edited by PabloK
  • Like 1

Installed the borla type-s exhaust today.  

build quality is excellent, fitment was absolutely spot on.  

took me 5 beers and about 2 hours...

my thoughts.. on the system...  also have a type S on my SRT...

1.  Cold start is aggressive!  It literally barks....  I was very surprised by this,  much louder than my SRT system...

2.  After engine warms up and rpms settle down it has the very standard s-type deep burble at idle.   If the truck is parked and just running, walking behind it is just music to my ears.  Very deep little burble that just sounds great.

3.  As you ramp up the rpms and roll through the gears, the sound is deep and pronounced, this is the loudest type-s exhaust I’ve heard.  Not in a bad way, just know that you will hear this exhaust unless you absolutely butter the throttle and accelerate like an old woman.

4. No drone in 9th or 10th gear.. no goofy noises or vibrations with cylinder deactivation stuff so that’s a major plus.

conclusion

happy with the purchase, louder than expected but still nothing too crazy.  Getting the ATAK version would be overboard for a pickup in my opinion... 

engineers at borla said their touring style is identical to the gmc branded perf exhaust in regards to sound output.

so their 3 levels are

touring- tame 

type-s - pretty big jump, aggressive! Crazy cold start that barks

atak- crazy man over the top sound, I don’t think many guys would go this extreme

ill try to get a video posted soon.

Edited by PabloK

Have you installed those Amp Xtreme's yet....  I'm still on the fence about with version to get, the regular steps, Xtreme, or the XL.....

Not yet.. still sittin in my garage... hopefully soon

Nice looking brakes! I am running 17s with 35s so no big brakes for me or else I would be doing those. 

I just put on the Baja Kits Chase kit with King COs and remote resies so I really need to get those Amp Research boards on. The extra 3.5 inches with the 35s makes it tough for my wife to jump in without putting her feet on the plastic door jam. I am completely meticulous and it drives me nuts seeing that plastic get scratched or dirty.