I pickup my 5.3 on Wednesday, so truthfully I haven't spent anytime under the hood. But I took my airaid MIT off my 16 and was hoping it would transfer over. When searching for a 19 MIT, I couldn't find any. I have no issues selling mine, but wondering if there's a big change or something I'm missing with intakes on the 19? I do see my K&N filter is the same model for the 19 as it was for my 16.

I also accept that most newer rides don't really need the intake mods as much as the older trucks and cars, but I also can't help but tinker with stuff...

13 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Airbox is on the opposite side of the engine bay, so the MIT probably won’t be working.

hahaha yeah that'd do it wouldn't it?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I flipped the MIT from my ‘16 on eBay. Actually got decent money for it...not what I paid but decent enough. 

yeah that was my plan. Still interesting that they haven't made a 19 model though. 

Aftermarket seems a bit behind in general for the ‘19s. I’ve almost bought the GM Performance intake about 10 times now. Probably will eventually. Seems like the best option since it’s the only one that comes with a reflash to match. Paired with their exhaust it’s good for 15hp on the 6.2. Probably similar gains on the 5.3.

Hmmmm...

Here's their Magnum Force Stage 2 system.

Sure would be nice to datalog underhood temps at speed with both systems.

Enclosed with direct airflow has always had colder IAT's, vs open element, but this system definitely has a larger filter.

Very interesting option IMO.

It definitely has my attention.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-54-13036r-magnum-force-stage-2-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system#overview

54-13036r_dc.1551467174.jpg

54-13036r_1.1551474725.jpg

54-13036r_6.1551474726.jpg

• 4 weeks later...