Trailer tire pressure monitor sensor installation and setup

51 minutes ago, mtbgeek said:

Thank you.  I didn't get tpms valves with my truck. I bought some from Amazon.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTLX2L4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Guys at Chevrolet told me that the frequency is the only things that matters for pairing and to get dual.

I don't think those are the correct ones.

The correct ones do not need to be programmed with the tool. (but a tool can be used)

The correct ones will transmit both temperature and pressure.

If I read the link correctly, the 'dual' on those ones refers to working with both the older and never vehicle systems. (the frequency used on vehicle was changed) 

(maybe they will work but only do pressure?) 

Long discussion and other info here: 

Edited by redwngr

9 hours ago, redwngr said:

I don't think those are the correct ones.

The correct ones do not need to be programmed with the tool. (but a tool can be used)

The correct ones will transmit both temperature and pressure.

If I read the link correctly, the 'dual' on those ones refers to working with both the older and never vehicle systems. (the frequency used on vehicle was changed) 

(maybe they will work but only do pressure?) 

Long discussion and other info here: 

Trailer TPMS sensors need to be programmed...either manually or with a relearn tool.  The system needs to know which sensor is associated with each wheel position.  The relearn tool just makes it much faster and easier than doing it the manual way.  For $10 or $15 from Amazon, a relearn tool just makes sense.

30 minutes ago, AlaskaErik said:

Trailer TPMS sensors need to be programmed...either manually or with a relearn tool.  The system needs to know which sensor is associated with each wheel position.  The relearn tool just makes it much faster and easier than doing it the manual way.  For $10 or $15 from Amazon, a relearn tool just makes sense.

Yes. Absolutely.

What I was referring to was the Amazon link that mtbgeek posted.  The info in the link said that the sensors he was looking at on amazon 'must' be programmed with the tool (also supplied by that sensors manufacturer).