New diesel gets 3:73

Yeah the 6in steps on a off road package? Either way 10 speed and 3:73 , I’m sure this truck will move out. Even with only 277hp. That torque with 3:73 is bad ass. 

Some misleading information here.

The RPO code B4U diesel offroad package is not available to order (yet).  This package is ONLY in the 2019 model year order guide.  There is no 2019 model year 3.0 Duramax.  2020 is the first year.  This package is currently missing in the 2020 order guide.  The screencap of the build and price from TFLTruck is from the GM Supplier build and price, which only has up to the 2019 model year to configure.  There is no 2019 Duramax 1500s though.  Standard gearing is still 3.23.   

IF GM keeps the hard tonneau in the package, this might be on a longer hold as there is a recall for the hard folding GM cover that has a temporary fix, but the LPO hard cover is constrainted. 

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/build-and-price/

What is in the B4U Diesel Offroad Package:

NEW!  Diesel Off-Road Package, includes (GT4) 3.73 axle ratio, (R3O) LT275/65R18C MT Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac blackwall tires and (VOZ) Tri-fold hard tonneau cover, LPO

1 - Not available to order at this time. Requires 4WD model, (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine and (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package. Crew Cab models include (BVT) Chrome assist steps. Not available with (NHT) Max Trailering Package, (PDW) Assist Step and Tonneau Value Package, LPO, (PDR) Assist Step and Tonneau Package, LPO, (PDP) Off-Road Appearance Package, LPO or any other assist step or tonneau cover.

2019 order guide showing the package:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21483&section=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

2020 order guide with the package not there (yet): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21795&section=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

Edited by newdude

5 hours ago, Camstyn said:

But has to be paired with a tonneau cover and 6” chrome steps? Who comes up with this shit?

Crew cab only on the steps in the package.  Read my above post though. 

Edited by newdude

7 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

I love the 3:73 option. Why not give the rest of us the option as well ? Like ford and ram do. 

to get the best fuel economy possible so that they can win awards and meet requirements and blah. 

How do you actually get a 3.73 in an F150, though? Not with a 3.5EB or the max towing package that requires that engine...

22 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

I love the 3:73 option. Why not give the rest of us the option as well ? Like ford and ram do. 

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/06/chevy-silverado-to-get-diesel-off-road-package/

How do you actually get a 3.73 in an F150, though? Not with a 3.5EB or the max towing package that requires that engine...

18 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Easy... select it.  Some configurations you cannot get it but it's a pretty broad option.  Things like the 2.7 payload boost option gives you 3.73... or just select 3.73 with the 5 liter etc.  The gearing options are under the exterior tab on an F150s build and price.  Unfortunately 3.73 is like 4.30s in a gas SuperDuty... not a ton on the lots.

Edited by SierraHD17

15 hours ago, Colossus said:

to get the best fuel economy possible so that they can win awards and meet requirements and blah. 

If the gears are an option and 3.23s are standard it won't affect the rating, that's how Ford and RAM do it.  Personally I think a 5.3/10 speed/3.42 gears are perfect but I don't want a max tow package and it's rough ride to get it.   Max tow also eliminates other options I do want, like Z71. 

You can get a 5.0/10 speed/3.73 from Ford.  3.73 would be nice for 34"+ tires.