What's up all.   First time poster here and first time Silverado owner.   

Just picked up my 19 Silverado RST and I'm loving it.  

Unfortunatly it did not come with the auxillary 110 outlet in the front dash and I  desperately need one for my laptop.   Turns out I was able to find the plug online and it's installed with the factory wiring that was there, however as expected it's not working.  I figured it wasn't that simple.   As far as I can see, there are fuses present for everything labeled auxillary AC power.   

Any one have any idea what the next step might be?  Do I need to buy a stock invertor also?    

Or is it just mission impossible?  I asked my dealer and they made it sound like it was only possible as a factory installed option. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Yes you'll need the fuses for that circuit and an inverter to convert the power to AC.

Where'd you buy the oem plug? I was thinking about doing this as well.

Edited by drewbiehd

10 hours ago, drewbiehd said:

You could just do something like this
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dc+to+ac+inverter&crid=3LABDMDLNA48C&sprefix=DC+to+AC+%2Caps%2C218&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_9

Would be a lot cheaper I'm sure. 

Then, run a small feed line from this inverter to your factory outlet if you want the built in look. Switching should be done carefully as you only want inverter running when the engine is on to avoid draining truck battery.   

• 1 month later...