Best muffler with headers

Whats up y'all. Curious to see what mufflers y'all are running with your headers. I'm running a 1 7/8 TSP heads (catless y) with a 24" Magnaflow muffler, all new 3" piping to a solo 4" tip. I used to run the Carven TR but it sounded pretty raspy at WOT and even sometimes normal driving. What mufflers do y'all think sound best without having to run a full exhaust setup? Not trying to drop a crap ton of money right now.

Whats up y'all. Curious to see what mufflers y'all are running with your headers. I'm running a 1 7/8 TSP heads (catless y) with a 24" Magnaflow muffler, all new 3" piping to a solo 4" tip. I used to run the Carven TR but it sounded pretty raspy at WOT and even sometimes normal driving. What mufflers do y'all think sound best without having to run a full exhaust setup? Not trying to drop a crap ton of money right now.

Best I've heard on this forum yet! 

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

IMO without cats anything other than stock exhaust will be LOUD.  With that being said consider these options:

Magnaflow 12589 or 14589 Polished Finish.    Flowmaster 53071 or 53072 70 Series Muffler (Can't remember what offset you need to get proper fit) 

Curious to know what Magnaflow you are currently running that it is too loud.

4 minutes ago, Lgetz said:

IMO without cats anything other than stock exhaust will be LOUD.  With that being said consider these options:

Magnaflow 12589 or 14589 Polished Finish.    Flowmaster 53071 or 53072 70 Series Muffler (Can't remember what offset you need to get proper fit) 

Curious to know what Magnaflow you are currently running that it is too loud.

oh no i know anything catless is going to be loud lol i'm probably going to order the catted Y from TSP sometime soon. my Magnaflow i'm running now is fine, its just a 24" (biggest they make if i'm not mistaken, bigger the quieter) i just had it thrown on over at Aces here in Houston so i cant give ya an exact model number. it helped quiet it down a lot and honestly sounds good at WOT and first start. I liked my Carven a lot and may end up going back to it. I'm just curious how the Borla's and others sound in person rather then look up youtube vids. videos are nice and helpful, but personally hearing is the best judgement.

Looked on Magnaflow website and the 24 inch muffler has a smaller 5x8 inch case versus a 5x11 inch case thus it will be louder.  Agree that listening to audio clips and videos don't give a good representation of what to expect sound wise.  Good luck with your search.

https://aeroexhaust.com/

I like these products.  The guy is a decent person, I went to his shop in Utah a few years ago. 

Two mufflers and two small resonators on a true dual system is very nice.  I had it on my last truck with headers. Currently I’ve only done a muffler swap on the new 6.2 truck, to his 30x30 muffler. I hope to buy a set of stainless works headers and do another true dual on this truck, this coming summer. 

2 minutes ago, Darksky said:

I like these products.  The guy is a decent person, I went to his shop in Utah a few years ago. 

Two mufflers and two small resonators on a true dual system is very nice.  I had it on my last truck with headers. Currently I’ve only done a muffler swap on the new 6.2 truck, to his 30x30 muffler. I hope to buy a set of stainless works headers and do another true dual on this truck, this coming summer. 

yeah i've looked into the aero exhaust and they sound pretty good. haven't heard one yet with headers. i'm going to stick with the single in and out one muffler for now.

Got a sound clip?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk