Engine feels strained after Heavy traffic

2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L 

I had 8 injectors replaced at Chevrolet 5/13/19. Code read p050d (NoWarranty)

Check engine light had come on before but it would go away. I just now took it in for injectors.

Every time I’m in heavy traffic I get home and it ticks almost like a Diesel. 

Im saying diesel because I had a gas 2005 F150 that sounded like a diesel.

There is No check engine Light on now.

I know something is wrong.

What could be the problem? 

What is it that can cause the motor to work extra hard and feel strained.

I still feel a rough idle when I let go of the gas.

I would find a good performance shop and have them run configuration data file on it they will know 100% what it is.
I would be tempted to swap out the whole engine for the price. Just say a 5.3 with exhaust and trans and wires and 4x4 with only 5 miles for 4k online.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Your new injectors have a 12 month warranty, code comes back...take it back.

Even new injectors can be bad:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/185800-po50d/

Your truck sounds like it is overheating. Heavy traffic...then ticking.

Doc prescribes Slick50 synthetic oil treatment, and a new thermostat. Over 60,000 have a Trans flush fluid replacement.

Edited by Paintor

Doc prescribes Slick50 synthetic oil treatment, and a new thermostat. Over 60,000 have a Trans flush fluid replacement.

That's funny turns out my neighbor Jim works for a sub contractor that tests injectors and pumps for GM proving grounds here in Milford Michigan. We just so happened to be talking of the fuel limits and the high side fuel pumps.
Some of it was over my head as he was explaining the l83 l86 lt1 and one I haven't heard of but they where doing dyno runs on the fuel system. I was trying to pick the injector I wanted for mine.
When I see him again I will ask what the failure rate is as we are seeing a few post on bad injectors.

• Like 1

Camaro big HP  guys have been drilling a hole in the side of the thermostat so if the thermostat seizes shut...Engine won’t get killed.

There’s a video on Youtube about it..see if I can find it. They found out high HP...lotsa heat...bends the pizz outta the thermostat spring...seizing it shut

Camaro big HP  guys have been drilling a hole in the side of the thermostat so if the thermostat seizes shut...Engine won’t get killed.

There’s a video on Youtube about it..see if I can find it. They found out high HP...lotsa heat...bends the pizz outta the thermostat spring...seizing it shut
Yes that is a old school trick also remove the thermostat and buy a set of washers kit that have different size holes in them. It restricts but never blocks off completely. They are like 1/4,1/2, and 3/4 or something like that.
I have given this some thought as the tune stock is set to a warm up to 160 and 180* coolant temp before fuel table shift. I can change that but on a daily driver I think it would be harder on the engine.
Roots style superchargers have a low thermostat setting. I don't know if that is to offset the head and charger heat soak or for the engine warm up.
With my turbo I have no issues engine warms up quick but no over heat.

13 hours ago, Paintor said:

The temperature gauge doesn’t mark that it’s overheating or smell like it but then again some component may be bad or worn out to cause the truck to work extra hard. The dealership had to have seen if something else was bad when replacing injectors right? Like the stabilizers or lifters

18 hours ago, Ray Ramirez said:

2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L 

I had 8 injectors replaced at Chevrolet 5/13/19. Code read p050d (NoWarranty)

Check engine light had come on before but it would go away. I just now took it in for injectors.

Every time I’m in heavy traffic I get home and it ticks almost like a Diesel. 

Im saying diesel because I had a gas 2005 F150 that sounded like a diesel.

There is No check engine Light on now.

I know something is wrong.

What could be the problem? 

What is it that can cause the motor to work extra hard and feel strained.

I still feel a rough idle when I let go of the gas.

I wonder if one of ur cats is getting clogged. What does ur exhaust sound like? Does it sound muffled?  

4 hours ago, Racindave said:

I wonder if one of ur cats is getting clogged. What does ur exhaust sound like? Does it sound muffled?  

Exhaust sounds regular. The code read p050d Rough Idle Cold start. It was injectors; I replaced that.

I still feel a weird idle when I let go of the gas.

It slows down slightly hard 2sec after I let go of the gas

Do y’all think i should maybe start with spark plugs and coils?

22 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I would find a good performance shop and have them run configuration data file on it they will know 100% what it is.
I would be tempted to swap out the whole engine for the price. Just say a 5.3 with exhaust and trans and wires and 4x4 with only 5 miles for 4k online.

I took it to Chevrolet because I thought that would be more suitable but now I do want to find a good performance shop to run a configuration data file. Do you think the techs at Chevy could have spotted a problem w the lifters or stabilizers when they replaced the injectors? I’m no mechanic but I think they had to had opened the block to change those injectors wouldn’t they?

No the l83 and l86 are direct injection but the injectors are under the intake manifold so they never got near the lifters or push rods or even the rockers. A good performance shop will see fuel drop or timing or whatever.
I know the higher level snapon scans log but no where near as well as HPT.