Any AT4s with GMC 22" wheels?

2 hours ago, voltedge said:

I guess I'm on the weird side or something, but in my opinion to pay what any of the new trucks cost and then actually use them off road is not my idea of acceptable. It would be better to just get an older vehicle that costs considerably less or better yet an atv or such that is purpose built for off road riding. Anyway, here's my AT4 with 22" GM Accessories black chrome coated wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in an LT285/50/22 which is a 33.5" tire set up. As you can tell, they're a good bit wider than stock. I really like the way it rides and handles albeit a tad harsher, but way better handling in turns. If you see this truck off roading call 911, cause it was obviously stolen! LOL!  Seriously, I will drive it in the snow which is rare in the South and it could see a dirt road or two as well.

at46.jpg

TRK19.jpg

2 hours ago, voltedge said:

I guess I'm on the weird side or something, but in my opinion to pay what any of the new trucks cost and then actually use them off road is not my idea of acceptable. It would be better to just get an older vehicle that costs considerably less or better yet an atv or such that is purpose built for off road riding. Anyway, here's my AT4 with 22" GM Accessories black chrome coated wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in an LT285/50/22 which is a 33.5" tire set up. As you can tell, they're a good bit wider than stock. I really like the way it rides and handles albeit a tad harsher, but way better handling in turns. If you see this truck off roading call 911, cause it was obviously stolen! LOL!  Seriously, I will drive it in the snow which is rare in the South and it could see a dirt road or two as well.

at46.jpg

TRK19.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous rig voltedge....how would you compare it to your 17’ Denali w/6.2 ?  I honestly have to say the AT4 is the best all around looking truck in both Silverado & Sierra.  Just my opinion of course.  Did you go with the 6.2 again?  Is fuel economy comparable to your 17 Denali?  Thanks 

Truck looks awesome sir...?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, voltedge said:

at46.jpg

TRK19.jpg

Looks nice and I'm sure it drives nice on the road too.  Thanks for sharing.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:25 PM, MX86 said:

f63aa88235072683a6a032fe4447bfce.jpg

Saw this on Instagram 24’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Normally I don't like black wheels on a white truck, or 24s for that matter, but that looks real good.

13 hours ago, voltedge said:

at46.jpg

TRK19.jpg

Truck looks awesome!

Thanks everyone! It is a 6.2v8 and it is a definite improvement from the 17'. I feel like it is more controlled in the suspension dept. and doesn't float like the Cadillac ride of the Denali although more truck like. I initially wasn't totally impressed with the truck in comparison to the 17', but after spending 1,500 miles behind the wheel on some long drive trips, I am ready to trade the Denali for another new style! BTW, my wife took this truck from me! LOL

Edited by voltedge

• 3 weeks later...

I like 22" wheels on a truck as long as the tires aren't rubber bands, the new wheelwells are huge and there is way too much space with a stock 20" wheel and standard tire.  Especially when you throw a level on.  Nice looking truck.

17 hours ago, Stitch said:

I like 22" wheels on a truck as long as the tires aren't rubber bands, the new wheelwells are huge and there is way too much space with a stock 20" wheel and standard tire.  Especially when you throw a level on.  Nice looking truck.

All that space is for wheel travel when you're going off road.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:36 PM, protovack said:

22" wheels don't belong on a truck, IMO. 

This is why its your opinion :)  Having said that , I would want more sidewall as well if i'm putting on AT tires 

Edited by f8l vnm

• 9 months later...

Educate-Education-Facts-Knowledge-GIF-20

22's only belong on stock Denali's. 

20's look good on stock or a 2-4" lifted truck with 35"+ tires

really 17 or 18" beadlocks would probably be the best looking tire on these vehicles although nobody on here runs them. 99% of people put on 6" RC lifts and run 35's  with 2 feet of exposed wheel-well and cheap offset rims that make it look like roller skates and ride like $hit.

The sweet spot on these trucks is a 17-20" wheel with 35-37" tires and a 2-4" lift. Anything else... looks like you mortgaged your double wide or are in HS. 

• Confused 1

On 6/3/2019 at 4:27 PM, amxguy1970 said:

Not sure I understand this. Why go with the off road version of the truck and then put big street oriented rims on it? Why not leave the off road version for those that are actually going to use it as such and get a more appropriate version that better suits ones actual uses (or lack there of)?

Tyler

Because the “off road” version of GMCs truck really isn’t. It just has a small lift on it. Most people buy the AT4 because they like the Denali features but don’t want all the chrome. Or people like me that would be happy with a SLT but don’t want all the chrome but want more than an Elevation. 

• Like 1