Any AT4s with GMC 22" wheels?

I'll start but it's an SLT with a GM 2" lift.  It was at my dealer this morning and it got me thinking....but not sure they are right on an AT4. May not be enough rubber.

T1.jpg

Edited by TripleBGM
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, TripleBGM said:

If so, post pictures.  I'd like to see them on an AT4.

The OEM options for AT4 are the 18" as in your profile picture,

or the 20" option here:

image.png.7552a39e2adc8b7bc22035fc0492d07f.png

Yes I have the 18" and I would prefer less rubber (20").  20" is prefect but I'm not a fan of the option 20" wheels and I'm not a big fan of after market wheels.  That's why I'm looking at the GMC 22" wheels.  The elevation 20" wheel maybe a good option, if anyone has put those on an AT4 I would like to see it. Thanks.

Edited by TripleBGM

• TripleBGM changed the title to Any AT4s with GMC 22' wheels?

Not sure I understand this. Why go with the off road version of the truck and then put big street oriented rims on it? Why not leave the off road version for those that are actually going to use it as such and get a more appropriate version that better suits ones actual uses (or lack there of)?

Tyler

• Like 4

I took these pictures of OEM 22" wheels at the dealership where I bought my AT4. Again this is not my truck but I thought the wheel looked better then my 20" OEMs.

I realize now that I didn't take a picture of the whole truck, doh, so I know this doesn't help you that much. But it does show you the wheels.

My AT4 it's the third and fourth picture on 20" OEM wheels. d3049a7f3f3072b7e6fac189b7beed0d.jpg911642f1c18682fcf4fee0485a56d279.jpg69e0167d29527e3d07ff0bbab10216f4.jpg8012ac104dae02242296ab6df4a3fa85.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Not sure I understand this. Why go with the off road version of the truck and then put big street oriented rims on it? Why not leave the off road version for those that are actually going to use it as such and get a more appropriate version that better suits ones actual uses (or lack there of)?

Tyler

Agreed.  Not enough rubber for the AT4.  Just looking.

Any "off road" truck/jeep I've owned has had 18" wheels. For an off road vehicle, you want more rubber.

20's look good on a lifted truck with big rubber (35's +). 22's with stock size rubber plus the 2" lift will make it look like a "pimp" wagon.  This just looks wrong.

T22.thumb.jpg.4f4253510703fa3ad56e817d27839610.jpg

Edited by FDHog
  • Like 1

• TripleBGM changed the title to Any AT4s with GMC 22" wheels?

FDHog, I agree.  I found one, it looks like a pimp wagon to me.  It's not for me, maybe someone else.  Maybe a big lift and 37s but I plan on keeping the stock tire size.

19339031445[1].jpg

Edited by TripleBGM

16 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

For the same reason some with diesel engines like "rollin coal"  :smash:

Untitled-1.thumb.png.f9924d0539b0725d15eef1e4ce9ce64d.png

• Haha 1

I guess I'm on the weird side or something, but in my opinion to pay what any of the new trucks cost and then actually use them off road is not my idea of acceptable. It would be better to just get an older vehicle that costs considerably less or better yet an atv or such that is purpose built for off road riding. Anyway, here's my AT4 with 22" GM Accessories black chrome coated wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in an LT285/50/22 which is a 33.5" tire set up. As you can tell, they're a good bit wider than stock. I really like the way it rides and handles albeit a tad harsher, but way better handling in turns. If you see this truck off roading call 911, cause it was obviously stolen! LOL!  Seriously, I will drive it in the snow which is rare in the South and it could see a dirt road or two as well.

at46.jpg

TRK19.jpg

Edited by voltedge
  • Like 9

40 minutes ago, voltedge said:

I guess I'm on the weird side or something, but in my opinion to pay what any of the new trucks cost and then actually use them off road is not my idea of acceptable. It would be better to just get an older vehicle that costs considerably less or better yet an atv or such that is purpose built for off road riding. Anyway, here's my AT4 with 22" GM Accessories black chrome coated wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in an LT285/50/22 which is a 33.5" tire set up. As you can tell, they're a good bit wider than stock. I really like the way it rides and handles albeit a tad harsher, but way better handling in turns. If you see this truck off roading call 911, cause it was obviously stolen! LOL!  Seriously, I will drive it in the snow which is rare in the South and it could see a dirt road or two as well.

In that case, what got you into an AT4 instead of an SLT, if you don't mind me asking? (This question mostly arises from my own ignorance in that I don't know what features the AT4 has that the SLT doesn't, other than the lift.)

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

In that case, what got you into an AT4 instead of an SLT, if you don't mind me asking? (This question mostly arises from my own ignorance in that I don't know what features the AT4 has that the SLT doesn't, other than the lift.)

Or a Denali.

• Like 1