Just noticed that every time I back into a steep driveway that requires the rear suspension to articulate to one side there is a pronounced suspension clunk and bushing noise.  This is a pretty extreme articulation even for a driveway, but was curious if anyone else has a similar noise.  Suspension is Z71 on 20inch tires.  No noise if both tires hit curb at same time.  Similar noise is produced when exiting and turning making each tire descend the curb individually.

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, 2019_Silverado_HC said:

Just noticed that every time I back into a steep driveway that requires the rear suspension to articulate to one side there is a pronounced suspension clunk and bushing noise.  This is a pretty extreme articulation even for a driveway, but was curious if anyone else has a similar noise.  Suspension is Z71 on 20inch tires.  No noise if both tires hit curb at same time.  Similar noise is produced when exiting and turning making each tire descend the curb individually.

Thanks!

Happens with K2 generation GM trucks also:

• 4 months later...

The same exact thing is happening on my 2019 LT.  Especially when I turn right and up or down an incline like my driveway.  Sometimes it's louder than others.  I don't know what to do to fix it.  I've got the noise narrowed down to the left rear.  If I step into the left side of my rear bumper and bounce the bed a little bit it makes the noise once or twice and then goes away.  But eventually it comes back.  Only have 3000 miles on my truck and it just started doing this.  It's one of those things that if I take it to the dealer I feel like I won't be able to replicate it enough for them to figure it out because sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't but it's annoying as hell when it does.  I have a 2 inch front level and the stock 20 inch rims but with 295 60 Nitto Terra Grappler.  I saw on another thread somebody had a leveling kit and oversized tires on their truck and the dealer blamed the noise on that...

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, robstitzer said:

There's a good four page thread on this. Someone posted the bulletin that GM dealers are receiving that outlines a "fix"

It isn't a "fix", it's a fix!  ? It involves replacement of the four leaf spring inserts with new ones of a different material.  The new ones are gray.  After the fix, no noise from the rear whatsoever.  I'm happy now.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:18 PM, lapoolboy said:

It isn't a "fix", it's a fix!  ? It involves replacement of the four leaf spring inserts with new ones of a different material.  The new ones are gray.  After the fix, no noise from the rear whatsoever.  I'm happy now.

I'm going to have to have this completed.. sometimes it sounds like a bowling ball is rolling around in my bed when I'm going slow over all different terrain.. my 2019 trail boss didn't have this issue.

This is my first GM vehicle and I'm not happy about my month old 2020 High Country already making the clunk sound. I'm by no means trying to stir the pot but, what other engineering missteps can I expect? I love the truck but I would think with thousands of Silverados on the road, GM would have caught this during Quality Control procedures on the assembly line back when this body style was being first made. Its almost as if they continued sending them out (and are still doing it) and count on folks not complaining.  I spent a bunch of money because I need a dependable truck for long distance travels.