First oil change

In order to be Dexos stamped you have to pay GM royalties, Amsoil should be payed for having Dexos label on their containers.

Here’s just few of the many that have given into the GM marketing.
d6170d6e1f88a7a45451737a7651437d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Jh8473 said:

I have used Supertech 5w 30 from Wal-Mart for the past 25,000 miles. If i want 0.000001 better MPG i will switch back to 0w 20.

And all along I though auto makers had the oil companies develop a lower viscosity blend to facilitate lubrication of the tighter tolerances on newer engines in cold weather. Foolish engineers, designing an engine to run 0 weight on a cold start and max 20 weight when at operating temperature, and foolish oil companies for making so many different viscosity blends to accommodate them. They can't fool some owners....they know it's all about saving .02 of gas per $100 and they can safely stick in whatever they want. I must be the foolish one stocking separate 0W-20 and 5W-30 for different models simply because that's how the filler cap is labeled.

Not to worry, I have a simple solution.......All one has to do is remove the stock 0W-20 oil filler cap and replace it with a GM 5W-30 oil filler cap and the engine will automatically adapt to the wrong viscosity oil. I wonder if GM makes a 10W-30 filler cap so I can use the same weight I stick in the tractor? Problem solved!

• Like 2

Any of you guys that are doing your own oil changes, what's good advice for lifting the vehicle with just a floor jack? I looked under and see the circular pads that are dedicated as the primary lift points but once I lift that up, where are you guys putting your jack stands to get the entire front lifted? Have always done my own oil changes but want to make sure im jacking my 50k truck correctly ? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I saw a thread on this but the picture links seem to be broken.

• Like 1

Any of you guys that are doing your own oil changes, what's good advice for lifting the vehicle with just a floor jack? I looked under and see the circular pads that are dedicated as the primary lift points but once I lift that up, where are you guys putting your jack stands to get the entire front lifted? Have always done my own oil changes but want to make sure im jacking my 50k truck correctly [emoji23] Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I saw a thread on this but the picture links seem to be broken.

I’d be careful if and when jacking up your vehicle for any fluid change, make sure it’s able to drain well. There are ramps you can buy and even build your own with plywood.

32 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I’d be careful if and when jacking up your vehicle for any fluid change, make sure it’s able to drain well. There are ramps you can buy and even build your own with plywood.

Great advice.  Any recommendations on ramps that will support a 2019 Silverado?   I was looking at these:

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Widow-PSR295-Plastic-Service/dp/B01N308YYO/ref=pd_sbs_263_6/140-8611535-1039064?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01N308YYO&pd_rd_r=cd127830-b64e-4c40-8f2b-e1e2d9ea45ac&pd_rd_w=NQhpq&pd_rd_wg=85Z0M&pf_rd_p=1c11b7ff-9ffb-4ba6-8036-be1b0afa79bb&pf_rd_r=YR2YMSWQ00GQ9ZMDT8CP&psc=1&refRID=YR2YMSWQ00GQ9ZMDT8CP

• Like 1

How does this selection look to you oil guys? I did my first change with mobile 1 and a k&n filter but i am open to trying something new. 5c79d52ec48632ca1be59c4e38af1bf1.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Amsoil 0w20, hands down the best. REAL 100% synthetic oil and not that BS “Full Synthetic “ misleading marketing.

Amsoil 0W20 Signature Series: $10 per quart.
Mobil1 Annual Protection which is Mobil1’ best oil and still only conventional stock oil is:
6fbc2b52dce9df8cf086481e37264c04.jpg

It’s a no brainer, along with Wix oil filters which capture as small as 20 microns, Mobil1 can’t touch that!

They look great, just make sure to have a backup plan in case one or both eventually give in. Buy a standard 2x4 and cut it down in sections, stack them up by drilling screws into each one as your stacking them on to each other and brace it under at least one side of the frame. Safety first!

• Thanks 1

I have a 2019 silverado trail boss lt, so it had an additional 2" lift, but not sure if that's enough room - have not tried to squeeze under yet.

You’ll have plenty of room, as long as you’re not to over weight lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1