Denali 1500 Towing Capacity

I'm looking into purchasing my first truck. 95% of the time it will be used as my daily driver to work (back roads, 6 miles each way). I live in CT so 4WD is a must for winter weather. The remaining 5% of the time I will be using it to tow various trailers (dump, utility, equipment, NO campers, NO enclosed) for personal use. Most towing will be under 7000 pounds and local. But, 2-3 times a year, I'd like to move a mini excavator about 15 miles (local roads, moderate hills, no highway). The excavator and trailer weight 11,000 pounds combined.

Ideally, I'd like to purchase a Denali (6.2L 10 spd) for the quiet and soft ride. To me, the ride was much better than an SLT with max tow package (12,200 limit). 99% of the time, the max towing capacity of the Denali (9,400) would be sufficient, but I'd really like to be able to tow the 11k trailer as well. It's been a real PITA borrowing trucks to move the excavator the last few years.

Looking for advice from more experienced members here. Am I stuck getting a non Denali with max tow, or is it okay to push the Denali to 11k a few times a year? Can I assume the Denali towing limitation is due to the suspension? Would air bags help? Any and all advice is appreciated.

While it may handle it i would not do it. That is a large amout over the max. Get the max tow or continue to borrow is my suggestion. Even with the max tow you are pretty well at the limit and for me i like to stay well with in limitations. Just my 2 cents. 

Slow speed, local roads, short distance, stick it in 4th or 5th and it should pull fine.  At 50 mph the motor would be turning about 3000 and 2500 respectively.  Watch the trans temp and definitely use Tow/Haul mode.  

What's the combined gross vehicle weight of the Denali? I have the 5.3 and its 15000lbs, rough math I would be over 2000lbs. Tongue weight would definitely be over on the Denali. 2-3 times a year might be ok but would be a handful. You would need a weight distribution hitch.