Hey guys,

I'm back with another very exciting feature to reveal. It's been requested by many of you that I release a Video in Motion mod for the 2.5HMI for quite some time now. Well, I'm happy to say I've finally cracked it and I'm happy to offer this service for the loyal viewers of this forum.

First of all, let's talk basics. If you have a 2014-2016 you'll notice you can play video but only while in park. And if you have a 2017 or a 2018 GM vehicle you'll notice you cannot play video at all!

Well, I have solved this problem with a 2 for 1 solution. Regardless of your year between 2014-2018, I am happy to offer Video in Motion and Video Enabling for ALL 2014-2018 GM models :)

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you'd like this done. Special forum pricing will be given as a thank you towards everyone who has supported me and has encouraged me along the way. I would not have been able to do this without you guys. Thanks for putting your faith in me.

Enjoy the demo, and like always, if you're interested - send me a PM.

Until next time...

-Mag

*Edit* - For those of you who are curious, this allows videos to be played through USB. We will be adding other input options in the future. This will also allow full navigation controls in nav as well as texting and keyboard use which is usually restricted while driving. And this should be a given but this is for off-road or passenger use only. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Edited by th3magpi3
Update
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, alderin1987 said:

Total newb here but I had no idea I could even play video in my truck.  Or is it only certain models?  Yes I have a 2015 Sierra 2500HD.

You can but only while parked. Just grab a USB, load up a Video and you'll be all set.

If you want to watch while driving, you'll need this unlock. 

3 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

You can but only while parked. Just grab a USB, load up a Video and you'll be all set.

If you want to watch while driving, you'll need this unlock. 

I hooked up my iPhone to the usb that is in the center flip down seat and played a video on iTunes and all I get is sound 

1 minute ago, alderin1987 said:

I hooked up my iPhone to the usb that is in the center flip down seat and played a video on iTunes and all I get is sound 

You need to use a USB stick. A flash drive. Videos playing off of an iphone are not supported. 

As in put a digital downloaded movie or TV show onto a flash drive and play it in the "Media" section of your vehicle.

That actually has more to do with the iPhone than the truck. It’s not usually possible to cast video thru plain usb with an iOS device. Especially when the phone knows it’s hooked to a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, th3magpi3 said:

You need to use a USB stick. A flash drive. Videos playing off of an iphone are not supported. 

As in put a digital downloaded movie or TV show onto a flash drive and play it in the "Media" section of your vehicle.

Haha got it ! Wow I feel dumb. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

All good!

Let me know if you are interested in an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does that work ? Are you charging for the information ? 

1 hour ago, alderin1987 said:

How does that work ? Are you charging for the information ? 

We custom program your modules to enable this feature. Or I sell kits that are plug and play. Send me a PM for more info my friend!

On 5/31/2019 at 9:16 PM, th3magpi3 said:

We custom program your modules to enable this feature. Or I sell kits that are plug and play. Send me a PM for more info my friend!

I sent a PM and am looking forward to a plug & play kit.  Will it also work on my wife's 2017 Tahoe?

What does the plug and play kit consist of? And does it make it a full hmi unlock?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry if there is a bit of confusion guys. Plug and Play Kits are for adding carplay and android auto to your existing vehicle in the year range 2014/2015.

This service is custom programming. However if you purchase a carplay upgrade kit this can also be performed to the new module so you'd recieve an all-in-one unlocked HMI.

Hope this clears up the questions!