2019+ leveled trucks

5 minutes ago, JHP said:

Sorry to ask what may be for some of you the DUMBEST question of all time, but . . . what are all of you meaning when you say the term "rake"?   

????

Just trying to learn the vocabulary.

lol it’s the height difference between the front and back. If it’s not level it has a rake to it.  

JHP .

Rake is usually refering to the difference in height between the front and back of the truck. So if the truck has 1" of rake, that will imply the back is 1" higher than the front. Negitive rake would be if the front was actually higher than the back. ( not good).

" poke" is the amount the tires stick out passed the fenders, generally done with offset wheels. Hope that helps. Most trucks will have a couple inches of rake, so when you load it the truck becomes level. If you dont have enough rake, the truck will handle poorly with a load.

Good Luck

E

I have recently just started looking for leveling kits for my ‘19. Checked on RC website and they show to have the 2” leveling struts for the new trucks. Any feedback on those yet? Couldn’t find anything with search.

Oh wow.  Those RC struts are nice.   I was just about to do my motofab spacers this weekend.  Now I'm not sure!  Still may hold out for the billsteins.  However this is a preloaded strut which makes things a LOT easier to DIY.

Anyone with a leveled Sierra besides me notice that when standing behind the truck, it still looks way nose down, but looking from the front, it looks nose high. Looking from the side it looks level. Lol

Edited by AD80

10 hours ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

Oh wow.  Those RC struts are nice.   I was just about to do my motofab spacers this weekend.  Now I'm not sure!  Still may hold out for the billsteins.  However this is a preloaded strut which makes things a LOT easier to DIY.

I sent them a question, still waiting to hear back. It says they are for lifted trucks and give an extra two inches of lift. Don’t see why you couldn’t use this as just a leveling kit for a stock height truck. 

Finally got lift on.  2" motofab upper strut spacer in front.  1.5" block on the rear.  2" readylift shock spacer on the rear.  Thinking about replacing 1.5 block with a 2"

I didn't realize that u have to cut tips off factory upper strut bolts with the 2" spacer.  But no big deal, it worked fine.   Next step is an Air Lift 5000 air bag set. 

BTW, I called them thinking I would need the trailboss version side I have almost 2" lift in the rear.  They said no, that I needed the regular version and a 2" spacer that they sell.  Apparently, they trailboos has a totally different interface than the rest of them.

20191028_120058.jpg

Edited by Ezekiel2517

Readylift 2 inch level, sits 40 1/4 up front and 39 7/8 in the rear. Needs a small block in the rear to sit level. May go an inch at most.  I will get a new pic asap. Last week I did painted mirror caps, stock fog light gm kit, morimoto 2 stroke 2.0 led head light bulbs , gibson exhaust and airaid jr cold air tube and filter. Debating on 34 or 35 ll.50 20s.

7656.jpeg

Edited by Flatblack83

2 hours ago, Flatblack83 said:

Readylift 2 inch level, sits 40 1/4 up front and 39 7/8 in the rear. Needs a small block in the rear to sit level. May go an inch at most.  I will get a new pic asap. Last week I did painted mirror caps, stock fog light gm kit, morimoto 2 stroke 2.0 led head light bulbs , gibson exhaust and airaid jr cold air tube and filter. Debating on 34 or 35 ll.50 20s.

7656.jpeg

Have you got it aligned yet? My 2” level Sierra was 1/4 high in the front at first, then after I got it aligned, it brought it down to level.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:48 AM, tannerm24 said:

Motofab 1.5” level. 
35/11.50r20 Ridge Grapplers. 

No offset. No trimming. No rub. 

Make sure to measure your rake. I had the 1.5” level installed and it’s perfectly level. 2” would have been too much. 

8CB99441-05D5-48E0-ABEC-EBB61D3D6B65.jpeg

You sure on these dont rub..?? I'm about to buy these or the 34 11.50s.  How do they ride..??

5 hours ago, Flatblack83 said:

You sure on these dont rub..?? I'm about to buy these or the 34 11.50s.  How do they ride..??

I think people's version of "rub" are different. I ordered a set of 285/65/20 rg's 34.8/11.5/20. Was sweating waiting for them to come in because I was pretty sure they were to big but seeing this truck with 1.5 level and one more that was running ko2's (run smaller) I went for it since I have a 2 inch level. Installed today. Luckily the place I ordered from said they would just ship them back because they were rubbing (bad) before I even got to full lock. And that was on the flat shop floor. Now I know I could have removed the splash guard bracket or trimmed, that's easy to think you can do until it's time to actually do it to your brand new truck. When a 19 year old gives you a lecture on "If it were mine I wouldn't do it" you're like I'll drop down a size. So what I'm saying is make sure you know they will fit, or can send back before you pull the trigger or don't mind trimming. I'm NOT saying this guy is telling you a lie, hopefully he has no rub, no offset, no trimming, but I couldn't have ran them without alot of headache.

PS IF you could get a rg in an actual 34/11.50/20 I think they would probably fit.

10 minutes ago, Silver2019 said:

I think people's version of "rub" are different. I ordered a set of 285/65/20 rg's 34.8/11.5/20. Was sweating waiting for them to come in because I was pretty sure they were to big but seeing this truck with 1.5 level and one more that was running ko2's (run smaller) I went for it since I have a 2 inch level. Installed today. Luckily the place I ordered from said they would just ship them back because they were rubbing (bad) before I even got to full lock. And that was on the flat shop floor. Now I know I could have removed the splash guard bracket or trimmed, that's easy to think you can do until it's time to actually do it to your brand new truck. When a 19 year old gives you a lecture on "If it were mine I wouldn't do it" you're like I'll drop down a size. So what I'm saying is make sure you know they will fit, or can send back before you pull the trigger or don't mind trimming. I'm NOT saying this guy is telling you a lie, hopefully he has no rub, no offset, no trimming, but I couldn't have ran them without alot of headache.

PS IF you could get a rg in an actual 34/11.50/20 I think they would probably fit.

Post like that is what I like to see,  i almost just ordered this am 285 65 20 bfg since they run smaller but I would rather not trim or cutting up my 900 mile new truck because the tire place won't return em. 

The 295 60 20 ridge grappler is noted at a 34 11.50 20 on  few places like Ebay.   But the 275 65 is a 34.09 x11 and is a few hundred cheaper for a set...so I'm not sure what to do.   

On a second note... I have a straight axled 03 2500hd on 37s with a supercharged 408 stroke so the go big or go home scenario doesn't work for the new 1500..lol