2019+ leveled trucks

On 1/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, ausomecasey said:

How does the ride and handle compare to the OEM duelers? I have an older Tahoe that rides like crap since I added 10 ply tires...wanna avoid that mistake with my new truck...

They are a lot heavier. 70+ pounds a tire. It rides smooth. No issues.  These are 35x11.50 zero issues. You could run 12.50 ridge grappler with spacers. 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:22 PM, GOLFNGATOR said:

2" Rough Country. 305/65/18 BFG KO2. Tried 35x12.50 but they rubbed and wasn't willing to trim the plastic

truck.jpg

Hi Golfngator -  Truck looks great!  I've been looking at the exact tires for my truck (2019 silverado lt), I was unsure if the 305/65r18 would rub on my upper control arm with my stock 18" wheel.  How close to the upper control arm is the inside of the tire on your truck?  Maybe the GMC wheels are a different offset than the Chevy? 

Edit: Just noticed yours in an AT4, not sure how that plays into the UCA clearance.

Edited by woodsrider11
error

1 hour ago, woodsrider11 said:

Hi Golfngator -  Truck looks great!  I've been looking at the exact tires for my truck (2019 silverado lt), I was unsure if the 305/65r18 would rub on my upper control arm with my stock 18" wheel.  How close to the upper control arm is the inside of the tire on your truck?  Maybe the GMC wheels are a different offset than the Chevy? 

Edit: Just noticed yours in an AT4, not sure how that plays into the UCA clearance.

Thank you sir. Can't give an exact measurement but I felt more than comfortable with the clearance. 

Just got back from the Chevy dealer from my alignment . I install the Motofab 1.5 leveling lower spacer. 2 inch would have been to much. She now measures 39 inch's at all the fenders. Accept the drivers side 39.375. It was a litle higher to start with. When I was waiting at the dealer I measured a Trail boss with the 20 inch wheels. It measured 40 inch's front fenders. Still like a little rake. might install a small block in back for a 1 inch lift. At full droop or articulation. The boot come very close to the shock. This wouldn't be the ideal set up for heavy Off roading . Dont plan on it any way. Love the look and the truck.  

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Yes now the front end of the truck is now level with the back. Trucks come higher in the rear called rake to offset any weight loaded in the bed of the truck. Or towing at trailer. Putting a lot  of weight in the bed of a leveled truck. The nose of the truck points towards the sky. But If you don't load up heavy often it's no big deal. 

Yes now the front end of the truck is now level with the back. Trucks come higher in the rear called rake to offset any weight loaded in the bed of the truck. Or towing at trailer. Putting a lot  of weight in the bed of a leveled truck. The nose of the truck points towards the sky. But If you don't load up heavy often it's no big deal. 

So then if you level it wouldn’t you want to put airlift bags in the back to keep it level when loaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see quite a few folks with 285 65R20 tires, I have a new 2020 HC Crew 4X4 and I'm having the TB lift installed along with a 1" level in the front, I want a little bit of rake.  I will be staying with the stock HC 20" wheels.

For those that have done this, what did you have to do to get your tires to fit without rubbing?  Have you had it on rough terrain?  have you had any issues at all?

2 hours ago, xsquid said:

It's a big deal even if it's not loaded if the headlight aim isn't re adjusted.

14 minutes ago, disneybaker said:

Around here the highway patrol has a real issue with headlight aim, theyve even ticketed people for height of headlights becuase they had huge lifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. People level their trucks and leave the aim as is and don't lower the lights. They're not set anymore.  2" on a leveled truck makes a huge difference in the view plane looking down road. Blinds oncoming drivers and I hate getting blinded by dims.  Brights do no good as They're in the sky and not even on the road where they should be. 

3 hours ago, nycen said:

2” RC leveling kit. Have run these for years and never disappointed. A3C636FE-7437-4C44-B4E9-114A432A0C06.thumb.jpeg.5cb729d40894bb413e5e36e38b70290c.jpeg

Man, you got me drooling! My LTZ needs the same love! Notice any ride difference? You gonna upgrade the tires anytime soon? I’ve been looking at the trailboss lift, but just your front level looks dang good. What do you use to make your wheels and truck shine so nicely? Thanks!

Truck looks great. Was i my garage and I remembered I had the stock rear blocks from my 2009 with the u-bolts in great shape . They measure 1.2 inch's . Should be perfect to put some small rake in the back of the truck with the Motofab 1.5 front. Will post some pictures when I install them.