2019+ leveled trucks

On 8/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, 17Allterrainx said:

Installed the AT4 Rough Country 2” leveling kit. These are the after results!

461AA8EB-2EEF-48DE-8DB0-ABB40C46D9D4.jpeg

How do you like the Rough Country kit I was thinking about going with it for my RST

On 8/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, 17Allterrainx said:

Installed the AT4 Rough Country 2” leveling kit. These are the after results!

461AA8EB-2EEF-48DE-8DB0-ABB40C46D9D4.jpeg

8 hours ago, Rwood1 said:

How do you like the Rough Country kit I was thinking about going with it for my RST

For the price you can’t beat it. I haven’t had any issues but I have noticed a slight humming coming from the front wheels at like 90+ mph. Idk if its the wind hitting it or what. Haven’t really looked into it.

If anyone is interested I have  a brand new Suspension Maxx leveling kit for the 2019 denali 1500. It is a 2.5 in front and 1.5 in back. I have the full kit still in box Im just deciding against putting it on because I do not think it will fit in my garage if I install it. If anyone is interested let me know.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:21 PM, JR09country said:

Look great! Any rubbing issues with the 35s? Did you use the spacers for clearance issues or just for looks?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Rubbing? Oh yeah! The spacers were needed for clearance at the upper control arm. Could've got by with 1/2" but I wanted the front out a little bit. Along with that and the front only lift/level, I was shooting for a stance similar to the baja trucks. Without the mudflap mod, I still had only 22-23° of turn availible till I could hear rubbing. After removing the rear fender mounting bracket and pulling the inside of the mudflap to the frame rail, I get 35ish° which is almost full lock.

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, Silver2019 said:

Please do!

On 11/7/2019 at 9:10 PM, econometrics said:

Yeah! More pics, please! I have the exact same truck and have been wondering what it would look like with a 1.5” and 285 or 295 tires! 

Can you post some additional pictures? Id be doing a similar setup. 

On 11/21/2019 at 2:01 AM, 17Allterrainx said:

Replaced the OEM Bridgestone Duelers for 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. 2” RC AT4 leveling kit. Zero rub.

97993EB1-C1CC-4AAC-A2D9-A4C1CF08E6F2.jpeg

FB05DC62-029B-4613-9BD5-022D39DB26F6.jpeg

How does the ride and handle compare to the OEM duelers? I have an older Tahoe that rides like crap since I added 10 ply tires...wanna avoid that mistake with my new truck...

On 11/7/2019 at 9:13 PM, Chance1025 said:

This is my Trailboss, with the black parts deleted, and a 1.5” level on 285/65r20 KO2’s. Love the ride. Feels like stock.

F9148B14-14ED-43C1-B2EC-05E0368AEF7E.jpeg

Dang, that looks nice. Did you notice a big drop in power with the heavier tires? How about ride quality and handling? I want the exact same look on my 5.3 LTZ. I wanna go with the same tires as you or the 35x11.5x20 ridge grapplers. Thanks!

21 hours ago, ausomecasey said:

Dang, that looks nice. Did you notice a big drop in power with the heavier tires? How about ride quality and handling? I want the exact same look on my 5.3 LTZ. I wanna go with the same tires as you or the 35x11.5x20 ridge grapplers. Thanks!

Thanks man! I have always loved these BFGs. I got the 285’s and honestly they do look a hair small. They are a tall tire, but just a tad skinny in my opinion. I did that on purpose though, because they offer a little less weight (drag) and better fuel economy than the 35x12.50’s in the same tire. Power loss is negligible. Ride is close to stock, but with the 10plys and the leveling kit it’s a bit stiffer. I’m running them at 35psi cold, which has helped some. Handling is nearly the same. A touch more body roll, but that’s bc the center of gravity is higher, and I kinda like that fee anyway.

I have had BFGs on my last three trucks, and know how great a tire they are. But I LOVE the way the Nitto Ridge’s look. If they weren’t so heavy I prob would have bought the Ridge Grapplers in 35x12.50’s.

Edited by Chance1025

Thanks man! I have always loved these BFGs. I got the 285’s and honestly they do look a hair small. They are a tall tire, but just a tad skinny in my opinion. I did that on purpose though, because they offer a little less weight (drag) and better fuel economy than the 35x12.50’s in the same tire. Power loss is negligible. Ride is close to stock, but with the 10plys and the leveling kit it’s a bit stiffer. I’m running them at 35psi cold, which has helped some. Handling is nearly the same. A touch more body roll, but that’s bc the center of gravity is higher, and I kinda like that fee anyway.

I have had BFGs on my last three trucks, and know how great a tire they are. But I LOVE the way the Nitto Ridge’s look. If they weren’t so heavy I prob would have bought the Ridge Grapplers in 35x12.50’s.

I’ve had two sets of Nitto Ridge Grapplers, both had their siping wear very fast and started slipping with almost 15k - 16k miles on them, you’d be better off with KO2’s.

KO2’s have siping that runs straight through the lugs

d75e86c0a9d4863ef0a8a0dce13a5900.jpg

The Nitto Ridge Grapplers siping reminds me of an after thought and wear quickly

New

915a04da4c56ae8e728990d7c69844d5.png

With 16k miles on them, siping wearing prematurely creating slippery nerve racking moments.

8bc6cbaa28ad96de1dd1a3d1a0fe6944.jpg

There was a study done by a marketing firm some years back, people prefer the chunky sidewall and that’s why Nitto Ridge Grapplers became such a big hit but it’s a phase, stick with experience and you’ll be fine.

Sent from Above