First Pickup in my life... need advice from the pros

My friend has a 19 AT4 with 20's and the Ranchos shocks and it rides so nice. There is no doubt in my mind that the softened the Ranchos on the 18's &19's. My 15 Sierra rides like a rock with the Ranchos that came on it. Anybody else notice this?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 15 Z71 said:

My friend has a 19 AT4 with 20's and the Ranchos shocks and it rides so nice. There is no doubt in my mind that the softened the Ranchos on the 18's &19's. My 15 Sierra rides like a rock with the Ranchos that came on it. Anybody else notice this?

Note that the Ranchos on the AT4 and TB are nicer ones than on the other Z71s. They are mono tube, and the standard Z71 Ranchos are twin tube. 

I have the Ranchos on my RST Z71. I do not like them. The truck rides nicely overall, and is a major improvement over my 2007. At the same time, it stutters much worse at speed over bumps, and going in and out of approaches is terrible. You jolt side to side way too much. 

I’m putting something new on the back for sure within a couple weeks. Probably the fronts, too, though they don’t seem as bad as the rear. 

• Like 2