2019 Almost two weeks

5 hours ago, econometrics said:

I’ll help you out... 

6FF75FCE-B6F7-47D0-AB68-04FC8AF4A17E.jpeg

Man you are beating me in miles count and in best mpg.  Just an FYI if you press edit you can switch between 25, 50, and 400. Also that is how you reset your best MPG

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 3:35 PM, Moend said:

So I traded my beloved 2013 F-150 5.0 XLT 4x4 on 2019 Silverado LT CrewCab 4x4. I liked everything about my Ford (bought it new) when time came to upgrade I decided to go with the Silverado mainly because of price (you get the same for less).

Cons:

1. Silverado built seems cheaper (shifter wobble, raddle noises by the B pillar, speaker grill on the dash is loose and can't do nothing about it)
  2. Seat comfort - I like the Ford a hair better (I even think 2013 F150 are better than 2019 F150)
  3. No sunglasses holder - not sure why.
  4. F150 felt little more planted on the road, Silverado feels wallowee and bouncy.

I test drove two 2019 F150s (XL and XLT) and ended up buying a Silverado LT 5.3/A8.  Interestingly enough, I felt the Fords were, by far, more bouncy.  I described it as "floating."  Yes, it soaked up bumps better than the Silverado, but I thought the Silverado felt more planted and I liked that.  (My wife liked the suspension on the F150 better... nothing makes everyone happy I guess!)  I don't have any of the problems showing up in your first bullet point.. I agree, get those looked at under warranty.

If I was being honest, I actually might have liked the 2.7 ecoboost better than the 5.3.  The power wasn't as linear as the V8, but man it felt lively and eager to please!  The F150 would beat a Silverado off the line easily.  The downside to the 2.7E was I felt like I had to be more conscious while working the gas pedal to get smooth acceleration.  The initial push of the peddle had to be kind of far because the engine didn't have a lot of power at first and then once the turbos spooled up, it really wanted to go. I felt like I needed to let off the throttle a little.  Given the floating of the suspension feel, it also seemed like the hole body rocked back and forth more when given more throttle or when letting off.  I was also very turned off by the gas mileage.  It says 20/26, but two highway tests during overnight test drives showed about 21 MPG.  That was driving 70-72 and being very light on the throttle.  The Silverado seems to get get about 20 (so far) given the same conditions.  So even though the F150 still beat it, something about missing the mark by 5 MPG didn't sit well with me.

Edited by ndking1126
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ndking1126 said:

I test drove two 2019 F150s (XL and XLT) and ended up buying a Silverado LT 5.3/A8.  Interestingly enough, I felt the Fords were, by far, more bouncy.  I described it as "floating."  Yes, it soaked up bumps better than the Silverado, but I thought the Silverado felt more planted and I liked that.  (My wife liked the suspension on the F150 better... nothing makes every happy I guess!)  I don't have any of the problems showing up in your first bullet point.. I agree, get those looked at under warranty.

If I was being honest, I actually might have liked the 2.7 ecoboost better than the 5.3.  The power wasn't as linear as the V8, but man it felt lively.  The F150 would beat a Silverado off the line easily.  The downside to the 2.7E was I felt like I had to be more conscious while working the gas pedal to get smooth acceleration.  The initial push of the peddle had to be kind of far because the engine didn't have a lot of power at first and then once the turbos spooled up, it really wanted to go. I felt like I needed to let off the throttle a little.  Given the floating of the suspension feel, it also seemed like the hole body rocked back and forth more when given more throttle or when letting off.

yeah the wobbly shifter is not normal yesterday I was watching a review video and the guy had the camera on the dash and you can see the shifter just setting still while the guy was driving some rough roads - so that tells me that there is something wrong with my truck now I don't want to bring it to the dealer yet (I am very stickler when it come to cars) and something simple like sliding shoes on door sill drive me nuts - that is why I am going to wait till the truck is almost 3 years old or getting close to 30k miles  - I am actually going to take another shot at it in effort to get this fixed without having to bring it to the dealership

I believe in what my grandfather use to say (you don't share your gun, wife, or truck)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 3:35 PM, Moend said:

So I traded my beloved 2013 F-150 5.0 XLT 4x4 on 2019 Silverado LT CrewCab 4x4. I liked everything about my Ford (bought it new) when time came to upgrade I decided to go with the Silverado mainly because of price (you get the same for less).

Pros:

1. Power feels faster than the F150
  2. Towing capacity 9600 vs 7700
  3. Fuel economy 1~2 mpg better both based on the truck computer
  4. Sounds better

Cons:

1. Silverado built seems cheaper (shifter wobble, raddle noises by the B pillar, speaker grill on the dash is loose and can't do nothing about it)
  2. Seat comfort - I like the Ford a hair better (I even think 2013 F150 are better than 2019 F150)
  3. No sunglasses holder - not sure why.
  4. F150 felt little more planted on the road, Silverado feels wallowee and bouncy.

Update:

Took the truck to a sandy area and the section line. 

Used 4hi and it was howling going 15-20mph but there noise start fading away. Going to consider it a break-in session

Weather was nice here 60°F and boy this 5.3 put a big smile on my face.

Shifter wobble does not bother me as much.

Ride still feels floaty but the worst when we were down the section line the back end was skipping going 30-35mph. I don't recall that in my F150

Put running boards and mud flaps on. And next update would be level and better tires

I was kind of bummed that I didn't get the RST because I don't like chrome but honestly this is not blindingly chromy like the F150

IMG_20190608_203611.jpg

Just now, Moend said:

Update:

Used 4hi and it was howling going 15-20mph but there noise start fading away. Going to consider it a break-in session

Ride still feels floaty but the worst when we were down the section line the back end was skipping going 30-35mph. I don't recall that in my F150

Put running boards and mud flaps on. And next update would be level and better tires

I was kind of bummed that I didn't get the RST because I don't like chrome but honestly this is not blindingly chromy like the F150

IMG_20190608_203611.jpg

There is my old ford for chrome comparisonIMG_0174.thumb.JPG.b8941a4c29c65c4c2352ea90af9abe78.JPG

14 minutes ago, Moend said:

Do you happen to know what the GVWR of your F-150 is compared to your new Silverado?  Did the F-150 have the FX4 package? 

When you say floaty, do you mean floaty like the suspension is too soft and floats like a boat aka like an old Cadillac. Or floaty like the back tires lose grip because they're skipping around as you hit bumps? Is it obly when accelerating or even when holding a constant speed?

Edited by HondaHawkGT

30 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Do you happen to know what the GVWR of your F-150 is compared to your new Silverado?  Did the F-150 have the FX4 package? 

When you say floaty, do you mean floaty like the suspension is too soft and floats like a boat aka like an old Cadillac. Or floaty like the back tires lose grip because they're skipping around as you hit bumps? Is it obly when accelerating or even when holding a constant speed?

So floaty like a Cadillac. And it skipping kind like driving in a really washed up gravel road doing 50mph and you feel your vehicle is bouncing to one side (not sure how to explain it). And it did it going constant speed. Drove lots of gravel road in my life and this reminds of our old Tahoe with the bad shocks. It skipped like crazy going down the dirt road

1 hour ago, Moend said:

Update:

IMG_20190608_203611.jpg

Nice truck! 

inCollage_20190527_173509692-768x768rs.thumb.jpg.9c5e44615ea171661a0003562e81356d.jpgPhotoPictureResizer_190528_233536679_crop_3651x1788.thumb.jpg.22670ffef372cd4d8652825ddcc42bcb.jpg20190602_145711-1612x1209RS.thumb.jpg.9a9867267d6609321ac1f100399584cb.jpg20190603_174029-1612x1209RS.thumb.jpg.9b281969bf4e4878b8cfd17316f1a314.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Nice truck! 

inCollage_20190527_173509692-768x768rs.thumb.jpg.9c5e44615ea171661a0003562e81356d.jpgPhotoPictureResizer_190528_233536679_crop_3651x1788.thumb.jpg.22670ffef372cd4d8652825ddcc42bcb.jpg20190602_145711-1612x1209RS.thumb.jpg.9a9867267d6609321ac1f100399584cb.jpg20190603_174029-1612x1209RS.thumb.jpg.9b281969bf4e4878b8cfd17316f1a314.jpg

Looks like our truck are identical. Bought my Ford out of Huston, TX since they had much better deals there than here. Like your bedliner wish mine came with with one

• Like 1

Just now, Moend said:

Looks like our truck are identical. Bought my Ford out of Huston, TX since they had much better deals there than here. Like your bedliner wish mine came with with one

Bought this one in Castroville, just west of San Antonio.  Drive past that dealer a lot and always thought about stopping.  Well we stopped just to look.  I said hell if you can put me in a truck with all the features I want for a price I can afford I would buy one... That was my mistake lol.  

Truck was stickered at 50, on sale for 40.  Had them add leather and running boards as part of the deal.  Came with Berliner and tint for free. 

After the deal I walked away out the door at 41K including gap.  I thought that was pretty good.  

I went in knowing I wanted a blue truck but this blue seems a little funny to me.  Seems like it changes depending on lighting.  Doesn't seem to have a whole lot of depth to it.  If that makes any sense.  I can be kind of OCD though lol.  

I want to put these wheels and tires on it along with a Borla S-type Exhaust.  I want to add the Z71 badge to the grill.  Other than that she will be done.  May think about wrapping the chrome later but I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would.  

677758-15-2019-silverado-1500-chevrolet-stock-stock-venomrex-vr602-gunmetal.jpg

4 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Bought this one in Castroville, just west of San Antonio.  Drive past that dealer a lot and always thought about stopping.  Well we stopped just to look.  I said hell if you can put me in a truck with all the features I want for a price I can afford I would buy one... That was my mistake lol.  

Truck was stickered at 50, on sale for 40.  Had them add leather and running boards as part of the deal.  Came with Berliner and tint for free. 

After the deal I walked away out the door at 41K including gap.  I thought that was pretty good.  

I went in knowing I wanted a blue truck but this blue seems a little funny to me.  Seems like it changes depending on lighting.  Doesn't seem to have a whole lot of depth to it.  If that makes any sense.  I can be kind of OCD though lol.  

I want to put these wheels and tires on it along with a Borla S-type Exhaust.  I want to add the Z71 badge to the grill.  Other than that she will be done.  May think about wrapping the chrome later but I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would.  

677758-15-2019-silverado-1500-chevrolet-stock-stock-venomrex-vr602-gunmetal.jpg

I always go for blue if I can. Yeah the chrome is growing on me. Not sure how the RST will look on a blue truck. But the chrome is not too blingy and I can deal with that.

You got a better deal. Ended up paying 43 for mine. But I guess I have the Z71 package and trailer package and the latter was a must to me.

Actually got mine from MN since it was much cheaper than ND and called almost 15 dealers and yet could not beat a deal in Texas. But Houston to here is about 24 hours drive. Had to pick up my battles and decided to let this one go lol

17 minutes ago, Moend said:

I always go for blue if I can. Yeah the chrome is growing on me. Not sure how the RST will look on a blue truck. But the chrome is not too blingy and I can deal with that.

You got a better deal. Ended up paying 43 for mine. But I guess I have the Z71 package and trailer package and the latter was a must to me.

Actually got mine from MN since it was much cheaper than ND and called almost 15 dealers and yet could not beat a deal in Texas. But Houston to here is about 24 hours drive. Had to pick up my battles and decided to let this one go lol

Yeah I have both packages as well.  I'll likely never tow anything but I like to know that I could.  Basically got this so I wouldn't have to buy a minivan lol.  But I like now I have options when we need to pick up some larger "stuff".