2019 Almost two weeks

So I traded my beloved 2013 F-150 5.0 XLT 4x4 on 2019 Silverado LT CrewCab 4x4. I liked everything about my Ford (bought it new) when time came to upgrade I decided to go with the Silverado mainly because of price (you get the same for less).

Pros:

1. Power feels faster than the F150
  2. Towing capacity 9600 vs 7700
  3. Fuel economy 1~2 mpg better both based on the truck computer
  4. Sounds better

Cons:

1. Silverado built seems cheaper (shifter wobble, raddle noises by the B pillar, speaker grill on the dash is loose and can't do nothing about it)
  2. Seat comfort - I like the Ford a hair better (I even think 2013 F150 are better than 2019 F150)
  3. No sunglasses holder - not sure why.
  4. F150 felt little more planted on the road, Silverado feels wallowee and bouncy.

Agree with you on the handling issue, but I have AT4 with factory lift. My interior is great. The 6.2 is a beast.

My 2018 F150 5.0 handled like a sports car. Burned oil like one too.

Have it 2 weeks and have 1100 miles on it.

Edited by FDHog

1. Silverado built seems cheaper (shifter wobble, raddle noises by the B pillar, speaker grill on the dash is loose and can't do nothing about it)

take that bitch straight to the dealer.  that is covered and should be easily fixed.

3 minutes ago, PabloK said:

take that bitch straight to the dealer.  that is covered and should be easily fixed.

I live in small town. The monkeys at my dealership can't be trusted to do an oil change let alone dealing with dash trim. Also it does not help that I notice the littlest thing. 

13 minutes ago, Moend said:

I live in small town. The monkeys at my dealership can't be trusted to do an oil change let alone dealing with dash trim. Also it does not help that I notice the littlest thing. 

Same here. 

• Like 1

lol.......

me and you you are very similar.. and I get it.

talk to the shop foreman, request he perform the job as  the truck is very important to you.

From my expirence, Small dealers are sometimes the best performing. 

its when you have some redneck that owns 25 dealerships in a metro area where quality dips.

It’s a plastic dash... not much he can hurt.

Edited by PabloK

1 hour ago, PabloK said:

lol.......

me and you you are very similar.. and I get it.

talk to the shop foreman, request he perform the job as  the truck is very important to you.

From my expirence, Small dealers are sometimes the best performing. 

its when you have some redneck that owns 25 dealerships in a metro area where quality dips.

It’s a plastic dash... not much he can hurt.

I think I might bring it in after a year or two. Just does not set easy with me having some one else driving my truck. I will get over it in a year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moend said:

I think I might bring it in after a year or two. Just does not set easy with me having some one else driving my truck. I will get over it in a year

That’s not how you solve a rattle.

you drive the truck and the tech moves around the

truck to locate and isolate it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Moend said:

So I traded my beloved 2013 F-150 5.0 XLT 4x4 on 2019 Silverado LT CrewCab 4x4. I liked everything about my Ford (bought it new) when time came to upgrade I decided to go with the Silverado mainly because of price (you get the same for less).

Pros:

1. Power feels faster than the F150
  2. Towing capacity 9600 vs 7700
  3. Fuel economy 1~2 mpg better both based on the truck computer
  4. Sounds better

Cons:

2. Seat comfort - I like the Ford a hair better (I even think 2013 F150 are better than 2019 F150)
  3. No sunglasses holder - not sure why.
  4. F150 felt little more planted on the road, Silverado feels wallowee and bouncy.

Is it a Z71? The non-Z71 trucks felt less stable and tend to wallow because of the cheap monotubes. The Z71's Ranchos aren't great but it does make the truck feel more stable and handle better on corners.

We're not missing much by not having the sunglasses holder. Unless you wear metal framed sunglasses, most didn't fit in there. The new shifter design isn't great. I preferred the pre-2019 shifter. I'm just glad GM still uses a column shifter. I don't want a minivan shifter like the Ram and I never cared for the F-150's center console shifter since it took up a lot of real estate.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

18 hours ago, Moend said:

I with you on that, I do all my own work if possible. Rattles can be a bitch to nail down. As far as a con for me...I miss having a key.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, Moend said:

Could be noticing all the little stuff be due to switching brands? Sorry to hear about your issues though. Worst case scenario, you could try youtube to takedown and reassemble the dash if you're not confident in the dealership. Shouldn't have to do that on a new truck but it happens. I'm in the camp that likes the K2 trucks better, both inside and out but I have also only sat in the new ones at an auto show, which didn't impress me.

12 hours ago, Bikeman said:

I with you on that, I do all my own work if possible. Rattles can be a bitch to nail down. As far as a con for me...I miss having a key.

I miss having a key too. This is one of the thing that wasn't broken but they fixed it. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne3593 said:

Could be noticing all the little stuff be due to switching brands? Sorry to hear about your issues though. Worst case scenario, you could try youtube to takedown and reassemble the dash if you're not confident in the dealership. Shouldn't have to do that on a new truck but it happens. I'm in the camp that likes the K2 trucks better, both inside and out but I have also only sat in the new ones at an auto show, which didn't impress me.

My dad have a 16 in Black. I like his truck on the outside better. On the inside they are a horse apiece I like mine a hair better. Can't find nothing on YouTube. Maybe I am the only picky guy out there 

Well with how much these things cost these days you have a right to be picky about it. The model is still fairly new but hopefully something comes up soon. I did find this but it's more of an exploded view than directions.

12 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Is it a Z71? The non-Z71 trucks felt less stable and tend to wallow because of the cheap monotubes. The Z71's Ranchos aren't great but it does make the truck feel more stable and handle better on corners.

We're not missing much by not having the sunglasses holder. Unless you wear metal framed sunglasses, most didn't fit in there. The new shifter design isn't great. I preferred the pre-2019 shifter. I'm just glad GM still uses a column shifter. I don't want a minivan shifter like the Ram and I never cared for the F-150's center console shifter since it took up a lot of real estate.

Amen on the minivan shifter. I also prefer column shifters. Mine is Z71. Took my mother rode with me today and she commented on the ride bring a reminder of done of the cars they had in the 70s. At least grandma liked it