Extended warranties

Look beyond Chevy for extended warranties.  I've posted before, I always get mine through my credit union, and it's under $1000 for a true bumper to bumper 5 year 125k mile warranty.  And you can buy them later and still pay the same, no need to buy them up front unless you want to bundle it into the financing.

And they are great warranties, I've been using them for years and they have paid for themselves across multiple vehicles.

If you pay $3400 for a warranty, no, it's not worth it.  If you pay $1000 for the same warranty, it probably is, all you need is one repair.

As stated, it’s a gamble. If you could afford to put the cost in savings account to pull from you’re better off in most cases. But usually when buying a new vehicle you want to put a bigger down payment against the vehicle to keep payments affordable and don’t put a couple grand back. 

I didn't buy a warranty this time so I have a built in excuse for the wife to trade it in at 3 years. Sorry honey the warranty is up it will cost me $2k for an extended warranty or I can just trade it in for a new truck.

I was really pissed on my last truck that I bought the extended warranty not realizing the prorated refund started ticking day one. There is no reason to have an extended warranty while it is under 36k.

You are much better off keeping it 36k miles, see if the truck is solid and reliable then shop around for a warranty at 35k miles.

I do like what Subaru does. My wife car we bought the Subaru warranty which also includes AAA roadside, and trip interruption insurance. And they let you pay for it over 10 months by charging your credit card at 0 interest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk