LT tire recommendations?

any Suggestions on LT tire that is a good cross between ride comfort and capability ? I know ride comfort and LT don’t go together but anything you would recommend ? I don’t need an extreme LT Tire.  Thanks 

4 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

any Suggestions on LT tire that is a good cross between ride comfort and capability ? I know ride comfort and LT don’t go together but anything you would recommend ? I don’t need an extreme LT Tire.  Thanks 

Comfort and capable of what?  What's wrong with your OEM tires?  Do you have street tires now? Do you tow?

Edited by mafd2

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (can actually be had as a “P” rated tire in some larger sizes)

or if you want a more aggressive look, the Nitto Ridge grappler is very popular but with some noise (though not as bad as a pure mud tire)

Michelin LTX M/S2 are the best light truck tires out there, IMO. Even if you're going to venture into light off road territory, the tire has excellent tread and grip. You won't find a tire that rides more smoothly and quietly on the road. 

That being said, I find the Wrangler Trailrunner ATs that came on my Z71 RST are excellent on the road. Not quite as soft of a ride as the LTXs, but very quiet for an AT tire. I believe this tire was specifically designed with a unique tread pattern that minimizes road noise. 

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 4:14 PM, econometrics said:

Michelin LTX M/S2 are the best light truck tires out there, IMO. Even if you're going to venture into light off road territory, the tire has excellent tread and grip. You won't find a tire that rides more smoothly and quietly on the road.

I'll second this recommendation. I've been running them on my 97 Suburban since 2001-ish. When my 01 Sierra needs tires, I'm going with these for it as well.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, mafd2 said:

Comfort and capable of what?  What's wrong with your OEM tires?  Do you have street tires now? Do you tow?

Comfort meaning the road noise is a little better then other LT tires. Again I'm not expecting a super quiet tire especially in LT but thought I would ask . Currently I have the stock 22's but will be going down to 20's . Tow maybe twice a month maybe 5k max, but I do haul loads 3-4 times a week .  Im always going over payload , not by much but I do go over . I also want to do some country riding , with dirt, rocks etc,. So just wanted to find a balance in between .

I hunt in South Texas so sidewall protection is important to me. I love the way the Michelin LTX rides but does not have much traction in mud or loose gravel in my experience. I tried the Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar but had issues with keeping them Balanced. I am on my second set of KO2’s and love them on the highway and off road. Keep in mind my 2011 z71 has 195,000 and does not ride that great but I do love my tires.

I agree with most that the 20’s look great on the new RST but I will probably end up with 18’s and then buy KO2’s in 275/65r18 e rated with are 32.09” in diameter. I think they will look just fine and give me a good “all purpose” tire. Good luck!

Edited by Snuff