2020 Sierra 1500 Updates. Make U Wish You Had Waited?

4 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Buyers that are on the fence when purchasing a truck probably sway toward RAM simply for the interior.

I would guess that GM will change the interior on T1 in 2021. Perhaps borrowing components and styling from the new 2021 Suv's.

Naw, the $16,000 discount. I bet you if RAM and Chevrolet both had equal discounts, Chevrolet would sell more. RAM has more problems, worse resale, and bad gas mileage. I drove the RAM, thought the interior was nice but I wanted handling over interior.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

Naw, the $16,000 discount. I bet you if RAM and Chevrolet both had equal discounts, Chevrolet would sell more. RAM has more problems, worse resale, and bad gas mileage. I drove the RAM, thought the interior was nice but I wanted handling over interior.

The RAM with its interior is like this song from Jimmy Soul......

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, Never make a pretty woman your wife...

So for my personal point of view, Get another girl to marry you"

:thumbs:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

The transmission isn't new. Ford has been using the 10-speed since 2017 and GM has been using it since 2018 in the Tahoe/Yukon Denali/Escalade and Camaro.

I would certainly hope a brand-new interior is better than one that was designed almost 5 years ago. :P 

I am almost sure the 2020 Yukon will be using it. My friend was so disappointed when his "newly redesigned" 2020 Expedition worth $70,000 came with the same dashboard as his 2015 Ford F-150.

It's staying with Chevy for a long time.

1 minute ago, f8l vnm said:

So GM is now giving the trail boss the 6.2 option ????? For 2020. Consider my 2019 Denali sold of so. 

Just the Custom Trail Boss it appears. No way in hell you’d be happy with that trade. At least not when you climb in it.

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Why the hell are they not optioning the 6.2L in the LT TB?! Who makes these odd decisions?! 

6.2L in the RST is awesome, though. Maybe I’ll trade my 5.3L RST for one... ??

GM Authority has an article. I think Andre missed some of the info as he was writing it down.  It would be bizarre even for GM to offer the 6.2 in the Custom TB and not the LT TB.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/2020-chevrolet-silverado-gets-expanded-6-2l-v8-and-10-speed-transmission-availability/

Edited by magnum74
spelling

4 minutes ago, magnum74 said:

GM Authority has an article. I think Andre missed some of the info as he was wrtitting it down.  It would be bizzarre Even for GM to offer the 6.2 in the Custom TB and not the LT TB.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/2020-chevrolet-silverado-gets-expanded-6-2l-v8-and-10-speed-transmission-availability/

That’s much more sensible. The Custom TB and RST getting it, but not the LT TB seemed odd. 

It’s clear that the 6.2L is a winner with consumers. When you get basically the same MPG as an Ecoboost, this is GM’s ace in the hole to put a dent in Ford’s armor. 

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

So GM is now giving the trail boss the 6.2 option ????? For 2020. Consider my 2019 Denali sold of so. 

You would go from a Denali to a LT? 

Edited by rkj__

2 minutes ago, econometrics said:

That’s much more sensible. The Custom TB and RST getting it, but not the LT TB seemed odd. 

It’s clear that the 6.2L is a winner with consumers. When you get basically the same MPG as an Ecoboost, this is GM’s ace in the hole to put a dent in Ford’s armor. 

Not to mention the Ram, which is down on power and MPGs compared to the 6.2. Happy to see it on the LT TB too. The more the merrier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

Not to mention the Ram, which is down on power and MPGs compared to the 6.2. Happy to see it on the LT TB too. The more the merrier.

At least RAM has a respectable V8 option. With Ford, it’s the turbo 3.5L that sounds like a 5 year old belching when you stand on the gas, or an outdated and boring 5.0L V8 that is growing in detest with its owners. 

• Like 1

Just now, econometrics said:

At least RAM has a respectable V8 option. With Ford, it’s the turbo 3.5L that sounds like a 5 year old belching when you stand on the gas, or an outdated and boring 5.0L V8 that is growing in detest with its owners. 

I agree with the 5.7. It respectable and available across their line. I'd be fine with it, too. 

I agree with the 5.7. It respectable and available across their line. I'd be fine with it, too. 

My beef with it is that it’s been unchanged for 10+ years. Of course it is stronger than the 5.3, but Ram lacks any “high end” engine choice at this point, let alone an engine that can even attempt decent fuel mileage. The E Torque thing is a joke.

I’m sure Ram is working on some upgrades for the 5.7, but right now it’s at the bottom of the big 3 IMO.

Just now, OnTheReel said:

My beef with it is that it’s been unchanged for 10+ years. Of course it is stronger than the 5.3, but Ram lacks any “high end” engine choice at this point, let alone an engine that can even attempt decent fuel mileage. The E Torque thing is a joke.

I’m sure Ram is working on some upgrades for the 5.7, but right now it’s at the bottom of the big 3 IMO.

It is a pretty outdated engine. And you're right about e-torque. 

But GM's 5.3L has been around QUITE a while, too... with pretty small changes over the years.