2020 Sierra 1500 Updates. Make U Wish You Had Waited?

23 minutes ago, CBRAGA said:

Whats your log in info?? lol

21 minutes ago, shakazulu12 said:

I thought I was the only one that wasn't in the cool kids club for a second.:D

I fixed it LOL.  Sorry bout that. 

• Like 1

Wow, I thought we might see more on the 2020s to “give back” what was deleted on the K2s... like power pedals, adjustable seat belt, etc. 

Looks like almost no changes for RST and LT trims. Besides making the A10 optional. 

Why is there, "Mexico is currently supporting Maduro in Venezuela." - I can assure you Mexico does not recognize Maduro.

And I really don't see a lot of changes happening for 2020. If it has a new transmission, I would wait a year to make sure all the kinks are out. It is very rare for a 2nd year model to have that many changes. Ford didn't have that many except add in Android Auto the following year after the new model came out in 2015.

Honestly, the interior seems fine to me. I can tell you this: it's better than my 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 with luxury package.

That’s a start, now all they have to do is replace that cheap, crappy interior and put all the de-contented features back that were on the K2’s! Waiting patiently, I will buy no truck before it’s time.

Edited by Sierradude

Link to the changes for Silverado for 2020 were posted above.

For 1500 Sierra it's similar: 

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/newfeatures.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&lang=1&divisionID=2&vehicleID=21796

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500

Deletions 

(R13) Chrome Exterior Appearance Package
     (GS6) Smokey Quartz Metallic will be replaced by (GCI) Carbon Black Metallic in second quarter 2020

New Features 

(GCI) Carbon Black Metallic exterior in second quarter 2020
     (PCP) CarbonPro Edition available on AT4 and Denali
     (NZQ) 20" Midnight alternative finish aluminum wheels available on AT4 CarbonPro Edition
     (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels on Denali
     (DPO/DQS) Trailer Tow Mirrors
     (UVN) Bed View Camera
     (KSG) Adaptive Cruise Control - Advanced
     (UVS) HD Surround Vision with two Trailer View Camera provisions
     (AAK) LPO, All-weather floor liners with AT4 logo are standard on AT4

Changes 

(PEC) Denali Ultimate Package now includes (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels which replaces (Q7L) 22" Polished aluminum wheels
     (PCP) Denali CarbonPro Edition now includes (SGM) 22" high gloss Black wheel
     (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II now includes (KSG) Adaptive Cruise Control-Advanced
     (CWM) Technology Package now includes, (UVN) Bed View Camera
     (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission is standard on 4WD 3SA, 3SB, 4SA, 4SB, and 5SA with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine

Edited by redwngr

Adaptive cruise control for 2020. I know I would not want one in my 2019, I had that in my rental car in Germany. There's no speed limit so I would drive at around 90 to 100 mph on a wide open and straight two-lane highway.

I still drive on the right lane and sometimes have to wait until there's space in the left lane to pass big trucks that aren't allowed to exceed 62 mph but I'm still maintaining my speed at 100 mph and approaching the truck. That would cause the adaptive cruise control to think I'm about to run into the truck when I'm ready to change lanes and the damn thing would slam the brakes and I'm in the middle of changing lanes and hurrying back to the right before I disrupt the left lane traffic that usually travels over 100 mph. Sometimes cars travel in excess of 150 mph.

7 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Adaptive cruise control for 2020. I know I would not want one in my 2019, I had that in my rental car in Germany. There's no speed limit so I would drive at around 90 to 100 mph on a wide open and straight two-lane highway.

I still drive on the right lane and sometimes have to wait until there's space in the left lane to pass big trucks that aren't allowed to exceed 62 mph but I'm still maintaining my speed at 100 mph and approaching the truck. That would cause the adaptive cruise control to think I'm about to run into the truck when I'm ready to change lanes and the damn thing would slam the brakes and I'm in the middle of changing lanes and hurrying back to the right before I disrupt the left lane traffic that usually travels over 100 mph. Sometimes cars travel in excess of 150 mph.

Agreed. I had the auto braking feature on my last car and it would trigger in similar situations, making passes around cars where I knew exactly what I was going to do. Always felt it was about as likely to cause a crash as prevent one. Happy I left all the assistance tech out on the truck. And I’m a tech guy by trade. I did sort of like the adaptive cruise sometimes when driving on the interstate behind a trail of cars following someone blocking up the left lane, but otherwise never used it that much. Definitely isn’t something I miss.

• Like 1

Buyers that are on the fence when purchasing a truck probably sway toward RAM simply for the interior.

I would guess that GM will change the interior on T1 in 2021. Perhaps borrowing components and styling from the new 2021 Suv's.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, Wiggums said:

Why is there, "Mexico is currently supporting Maduro in Venezuela." - I can assure you Mexico does not recognize Maduro.

And I really don't see a lot of changes happening for 2020. If it has a new transmission, I would wait a year to make sure all the kinks are out. It is very rare for a 2nd year model to have that many changes. Ford didn't have that many except add in Android Auto the following year after the new model came out in 2015.

Honestly, the interior seems fine to me. I can tell you this: it's better than my 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 with luxury package.

The transmission isn't new. Ford has been using the 10-speed since 2017 and GM has been using it since 2018 in the Tahoe/Yukon Denali/Escalade and Camaro.

I would certainly hope a brand-new interior is better than one that was designed almost 5 years ago. :P 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

They did some things a lot of people have been screaming for...6.2 RST, and even more surprising, a 6.2 Custom Trail Boss! Wow!

Why the hell are they not optioning the 6.2L in the LT TB?! Who makes these odd decisions?! 

6.2L in the RST is awesome, though. Maybe I’ll trade my 5.3L RST for one... ??