Front Plate

Just picked up my new AT4. My state requires a front plate. Dealer is going to send me a mount.

Looks like you have to drill holes in the bumper. 

How did you guys mount your plates?

I've heard that Ohio might be eliminating front plates... Not sure what I'll put up front on my rides since they both have plates on there now and I don't want to have holes... I think there is a filler piece for the K2 Silverado that fills the gap but, on the wife's 2018 Equinox I think there is no filler just drilled into the bumper..

I bought the truck in a no front plate state. Drove 90 miles to get the truck I wanted.

Drove 320 miles to get the vette I wanted. I'm retired and have lots of time on my hands..LOL

Edited by FDHog

I live in Texas but I bought my TB in Kansas.  They gave me the front plate kit and I installed it this past weekend myself.  The kit comes with 4 rivets.  I bought a $12 Rivet gun from Amazon and the process could not have been simpler.  I taped the plate to the lower bumper then i drilled the 4 pilot holes.  3/16" I believe.  Then I riveted the 4 rivets into the 4 holes.  Fairly straight forward and simple.

I wouldn't live in a state that needs a front license plate. Kidding, or just move to Kansas. Anyway is there a way to use 3M tape?. It's strong as hell if you get the automotive grade. You just need to find a flat surface on the back of the mount if it has one that's the only concern I would have with using 3M double face tape

59 minutes ago, brisk00 said:

I live in Texas but I bought my TB in Kansas.  They gave me the front plate kit and I installed it this past weekend myself.  The kit comes with 4 rivets.  I bought a $12 Rivet gun from Amazon and the process could not have been simpler.  I taped the plate to the lower bumper then i drilled the 4 pilot holes.  3/16" I believe.  Then I riveted the 4 rivets into the 4 holes.  Fairly straight forward and simple.

Did you have to drill into the upper body color bumper, too? I have a rivet gun and I have plastic rivets which I'll probably use instead of the metal.

Edited by FDHog

Most of the country drives around with front plates. I'd let the dealer do it in the normal way GM recommends. If you were to trade-in or buy used, chances are good it would have a plate on or the next buyer would need it anyway.

19 minutes ago, FDHog said:

Did you have to drill into the upper body color bumper, too? I have a rivet gun and I have plastic rivets which I'll probably use instead of the metal.

Nope.  All of it goes into the lower bumper.

I love the clean look of no plate. Too bad they don't attach like on our Odyssey from underneath so it doesn't leave visible holes. Since a plate isn't needed here in FL, I'd love to put something personal on the front, but I'm going to put holes in this pretty face. Haha. 

IMG_20190413_074158.jpg

Edited by UGADawgs