Tell me about your Ride Quality - Z71 LT, LTZ and RST

27 minutes ago, econometrics said:

What are you running in your '14 Sierra Z71, Dan? 

Bilstein 5100's 

Fronts are at one groove from top.

Rears are mounted Boot up. You can mount the rear boot up or boot down.

1 minute ago, Sierra Dan said:

Bilstein 5100's 

Fronts are at one groove from top.

Rears are mounted Boot up. You can mount the rear boot up or boot down.

Thank you. Now to just wait for Bilstein to sell one for the T1s... :(

2 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Thank you. Now to just wait for Bilstein to sell one for the T1s... :(

Yeah. Looks like Eibach does have the rear available and fronts coming soon.

They are monotube and very similar to the 5100 from what I hear as far as ride and price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, econometrics said:

I read the threads about the Rancho / Tennecos, but until last night I wasn't as firm of a believer in them being such crap. I just emailed my buddy, who is the owner of the dealer I bought the truck from. Going to start the process of upgrading the shocks, as the truck is just too good in every other area to tolerate a ride like this. 

I have the same problem  when there are numerous bumps in the road it feel like your going to lose control of the truck. Live in the northeast and roads here are in poor shape winter does a toll on them. Please let me know if changing the shocks help, I was thinking about going down to !8 inch wheels might help too.

• Like 1

I have a RST Crew z71 on order.

I plan to replace tires with KO2s first.

I plan to give the truck ride a fair chance but I have called Bilstein and Eibach to discuss. Bilstein says sometime this summer. Eibach are available now. The guy at Eibach told me a lot of people change the rears only first (unless they are trying to lift or level) and if they are happy that is all they do. He said many are happy with new rear shocks on GM trucks. He said of course the fronts will help also if you can swing the cost. He was very helpful and not pushing.

• Like 1

17 Sierra SLE Z71. No issues. 35psi. Stock stance. If I ever feel it is getting harsh, I go drive a Tundra TRD . Then I feel better again. 

Maybe I’m just getting used to it, but at 4500 miles my rear end feels like it’s settling down some. Taking the tires down to 35 psi certainly helped and so did just the little bit of weight added by my rubber bed mat and soft tonneau cover. 

I rode in my dad’s 2016 yesterday, and it felt awful, much worse than I remember my 2017 feeling. 

37 minutes ago, RMR said:

17 Sierra SLE Z71. No issues. 35psi. Stock stance. If I ever feel it is getting harsh, I go drive a Tundra TRD . Then I feel better again. 

16 minutes ago, scdaren said:

I rode in my dad’s 2016 yesterday, and it felt awful, much worse than I remember my 2017 feeling. 

See, that’s my problem... my 2007 LTCC RWD with 125K and OEM shocks on it behaved better on the road than my 2019 Z71. 

The truck is an improvement in every way, minus the Rancho ride quality.