CV Boot / Weatherstrip Lubricant

Does anyone use the recommended GM weatherstrip lubricant (GM Part No. 3634770)?  If not what do you use for keeping the weatherstripping from drying out?

Should anything be put on the CV boots to keep that rubber from drying out?

Use dielectric grease.  That's actually what the GM product is anyway.  Smear it on heavy, let it sit for 30 min or so then wipe off the excess.

I've been doing this on my 2000 Camaro for, well, 19 years now.  The T tops don't leak or squeak.  I'd say it works.

Edited by Mike GMC

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Fluid-3634770-Weather-Lubricant/dp/B000QIFTJ8   

I was asking about other's experience because if you look at the reviews on that Amazon link guys (mostly with Corvette t-tops) just swear by the uber pricey GM weatherstripping lubricant when compared to either silicone or dielectric grease mentioned already.    I mean the price is crazy for the small bottle.  But the reviewers just swear by it as the only thing that stopped their t-top seals from squeaking.

38 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

I don't recommend using it on the CV boots.  It will cause them to collect dirt and debris which may accelerate wear. It's probably best to just keep them clean.

Yes! Weather-strip only!

2 hours ago, Likarok said:

Yes! I do this at least once a year!

Found this cool CRC bottle of Dielectric at O Riely's

IMG_20190507_115951.jpg

IMG_20190507_120323.jpg

Ohh man, I'll have to keep an eye out for that CRC...I like that "spot shot" dispenser rather than squeezing the tube like toothpaste.

Edited by NCPGMC