Found this install video when searching around for any reviews on the CAI. Maybe helpful for someone. 

They are claiming ~15hp boost from the CAI, anyone install one yet? 

https://www.knfilters.com/cold-air-intakes/cars-and-trucks/63-3109-performance-air-intake-system  

Installed it. Not a fan of how the lid just pushes on and is held on by three plastic pegs that go into rubber grommets. Definitely gets an intake noise that’s right on the verge of being too loud. 

53 minutes ago, mrcribbs said:

Installed it. Not a fan of how the lid just pushes on and is held on by three plastic pegs that go into rubber grommets. Definitely gets an intake noise that’s right on the verge of being too loud. 

Yeah, I noticed that in the video, a clamp or something would have seemed better. 

Sound wise, can you compare it to the 14-19 LD models? I also wonder if it the way it's angled and being closer to the drivers side affects the noise level.

3 minutes ago, bearded_warrior said:

Yeah, I noticed that in the video, a clamp or something would have seemed better. 

Sound wise, can you compare it to the 14-19 LD models? I also wonder if it the way it's angled and being closer to the drivers side affects the noise level.

I have nothing to compare it against. I came from a 2000 Z71 Tahoe that I kept bone stock and drove to death. 

4 minutes ago, mrcribbs said:

I have nothing to compare it against. I came from a 2000 Z71 Tahoe that I kept bone stock and drove to death. 

My 16' was pretty loud, but as I said it was opposite the engine bay so it was louder to the passenger. It was quiet at cruising but on hard shifting it was pretty loud. The cat back I added later kinda balanced that noise out.   

Regardless, enjoy the new toy! Hopefully you will feel some gains! I know the tech on my 16' said he could tell a difference compared to his truck during a ride along. 

Edited by bearded_warrior

3 minutes ago, bearded_warrior said:

My 16' was pretty loud, but as I said it was opposite the engine bay so it was louder to the passenger. It was quiet at cruising but on hard shifting it was pretty loud. The cat back I added later kinda balanced that noise out.   

Regardless, enjoy the new toy! Hopefully you will feel some gains! I know the tech on my 16' said he could tell a difference compared to his truck during a ride along. 

The butt Dino definitely feels gains. It is quiet at cruising and sounds good when getting into the throttle hard. 

DFM oddities are amplified with this intake and the GM performance exhaust. Hopefully Range Technology is successful with the DFM disable. I’d definitely buy one and just unplug it if I go on a long road trip. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had one on my 2017 5.3.  I won't do it again on my 2019.  First of all, it's loud, and not in a great way IMO.

At first it felt like it gave my truck some extra punch (which was REALLY needed on my 2017 after coming off a Ram Hemi).  But after awhile, I didn't really notice it so much, and drove some stock trucks that felt pretty much the same as mine.  Wondering if the engine reprograms to compensate for it?  I don't really know... someone probably has some hard dyno data on that.

Also, in California, couldn't sell it with the K&N on there, had to put the stock intake back on, which fortunately I kept.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, wizard4878 said:

there is a thread on here where someone has actual dyno results of before and after,  he actually lost hp by doing this.  If I find it I'll post it here...

If I recall, wasn't that someone who did the intake without the exhaust?  I think that may have been why.

Just now, scdaren said:

If I recall, wasn't that someone who did the intake without the exhaust?  I think that may have been why.

yes,  just intake,  if I remember right he was going to do the exhaust and try again, but I haven't been able to find it yet

• 1 month later...