Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, JT19HC said:

It’s definite related to the axles.  I just purchased a 2019 HC z71 package.  From the minute I pulled off the lot, I had that jingle sound from 30mph and up.  Would go away if I put into 4x4 auto.  When I purchased this truck I ordered the GM Trail Boss suspension which also swaps the axles up front , and had to wait for it to be installed.  Well it was done yesterday and guess what, no sound at all in 2x4.   I hope GM does the right thing here and helps everyone out.  

I also had both seals on the transfer case replaced because the truck was leaking trans fluid from the transfer case to trans seal, fluid all over the undercarriage and driveway.  It’s been an interesting 500 miles so far.  Love the looks and ride of this truck, it’s way better then my 2017 LTZ.  Let’s just hope it holds together!! 

So I also put a Trailboss kit on my truck a few weeks ago and thought that it fixed the issue with the new axles... I noticed just yesterday that I can hear the noise again BUT it is nowhere near as bad as it was. I don't know what the hell the deal is with this noise but GM needs to figure out a fix.

Edited by Aycock1987

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, newdude said:

Okay all you jinglers and janglers...

Hot off yesterday's press: 

This ONLY APPLIES TO TRUCKS WITH RPO CODE SU4 Front Differential, which are the AAM supplied 8" front differential. 

Have you seen any updates on this?

Attached is a letter I received from Gm stating the truck is currently non repairable. This response is from my certified letter to them for last chance to repair.

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by ILSilverado

6 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

I received the same letter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect its now a breach of warranty case for the lemon law.

Edited by ILSilverado

8 hours ago, ILSilverado said:

Perfect its now a breach of warranty case for the lemon law.

I still don't think lemon law applies. Your truck drives fine. its not going to work because your truck is fine minus that it has an annoying noise. 

2 hours ago, ct_corey said:

I still don't think lemon law applies. Your truck drives fine. its not going to work because your truck is fine minus that it has an annoying noise. 

Non repair Its a breach of warranty and is covered under the federal Moss Magnuson Federal warranty act.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Edited by ILSilverado

I wonder when there will be a fix? I don’t understand how if the in house ones are fine they just don’t replace ours with those? Are they just exclusively using those now on trucks going forward? Is it a big f u to those who already purchased and we will get to you when we get to you? I’m really curious to know what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They fix all kinds of rattles under warranty. That letter is there fix unless you force them. They know what’s wrong and at least one way to fix it. It’s a numbers game now, they know very few will push the issue. Those that do will get compensated. Say 10k trucks effected, they know 90 percent will accept the dealers claim nothing is wrong. So that leaves 1000. Of those 80 percent will take the warranty, that leaves 200 to buy back or repair. So what’s cheaper to fix at 3k per truck?  1000 repairs at 3000 ea. Or 200 at 3k? 3 million vs 600k. Of the 600k, they just resell the returned truck with no warranty and reduce there cost to only the difference between their cost to build a new truck vs resale of the returned truck. 

• Like 1