TPMS Tool for 2019s and Trailers

My 2019 has the trailer tpms in the glove box. I was going to have them Installed in my travel trailer at the place I bought it from. I have one of the cheap tpms tools that worked great on my 16 Silverado. Does anyone know if these will work to learn the tpms on the new Trailer tire sensors or the 19 truck itself?

14f82eb506d8370e20c6c623276f8b94.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yup. I just tried it on my truck and worked great. Im going to hook my camper up to the truck and see if I can pair the sensors without them installed in the tires. Need to wait for it to dry up though so I don't rut up my side yard.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

Yup. I just tried it on my truck and worked great. Im going to hook my camper up to the truck and see if I can pair the sensors without them installed in the tires. Need to wait for it to dry up though so I don't rut up my side yard.

Can you explain the process for this?  I'm going to put mine on the boat trailer soon.

• Like 1

My understanding is you have to create a trailer profile by hooking up your trailer. Once the trailer is hooker up you start the trailer learn from the app the use the tpms tool on each Trailer tire just like you would for the normal tires. See attached from gm4d9ddddeae815d19c1b9b9f9b2f345b8.jpg2db096766559f4ca16ae444dd951371d.jpg

3 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

My understanding is you have to create a trailer profile by hooking up your trailer. Once the trailer is hooker up you start the trailer learn from the app the use the tpms tool on each Trailer tire just like you would for the normal tires. See attached from gm4d9ddddeae815d19c1b9b9f9b2f345b8.jpg2db096766559f4ca16ae444dd951371d.jpg

Thanks- I read the owners manual in this and it’s confusing as hell to me. I guess I’ll just dive in on it. 

On 4/30/2019 at 1:46 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

My 2019 has the trailer tpms in the glove box. I was going to have them Installed in my travel trailer at the place I bought it from. I have one of the cheap tpms tools that worked great on my 16 Silverado. Does anyone know if these will work to learn the tpms on the new Trailer tire sensors or the 19 truck itself?

14f82eb506d8370e20c6c623276f8b94.jpg

I have a snap on TPMS tool that only goes to 2014...but i used it on my friends 2018 elevation and it works fine, I do know for a fact the trailer sensors are the same frequency, 440 I believe but cant remember. Most sensors are the same and adjust to different frequencys anyways, I know dodge was using mitsubishi sensors for a while. If you still have the old tool id try it first!

2 hours ago, BradenP said:

I have a snap on TPMS tool that only goes to 2014...but i used it on my friends 2018 elevation and it works fine, I do know for a fact the trailer sensors are the same frequency, 440 I believe but cant remember. Most sensors are the same and adjust to different frequencys anyways, I know dodge was using mitsubishi sensors for a while. If you still have the old tool id try it first!

2018s used the same frequency sensors as 2014s but 2019s are different.