May incentives?

Dealer called on April 3. Said the AT4 they ordered for me back in February was in transit. Well, it isn’t here yet. 

Im trying to figure out if I should be raising hell about having to roll the dice on May incentives - $4500 total in April seems pretty good. Anyone have any insights if May will be better/worse/same?

maybe it will come in tomorrow and it will be a moot point but I’m not banking on it 

1 hour ago, ShortMag said:

Dealer called on April 3. Said the AT4 they ordered for me back in February was in transit. Well, it isn’t here yet. 

Im trying to figure out if I should be raising hell about having to roll the dice on May incentives - $4500 total in April seems pretty good. Anyone have any insights if May will be better/worse/same?

maybe it will come in tomorrow and it will be a moot point but I’m not banking on it 

The $4500 for the Sierra is only for the SLT.  All other trims are only like $1000 off

I’m not sure rebates will stay strong in May. Both March and April have been aggressive. A LOT more T1s driving around the past few weeks now, showing that GM has been moving them nicely with those rebates. 

I saw 2019 T1 LT RWD DC TX Editions going for 28K today. Crazy. 

Lots of AT4s on the road in DFW, too. In fact, I bet 3/5 T1s I’ve seen have been AT4s and 3/4 GMCs I’ve seen are AT4s. But the rebates on them haven’t been quite as aggressive as on the lower-mid level Silverados. 

Edited by econometrics

24 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I’m not sure rebates will stay strong in May. Both March and April have been aggressive. A LOT more T1s driving around the past few weeks now, showing that GM has been moving them nicely with those rebates. 

I saw 2019 T1 LT RWD DC TX Editions going for 28K today. Crazy. 

Lots of AT4s on the road in DFW, too. In fact, I bet 3/5 T1s I’ve seen have been AT4s and 3/4 GMCs I’ve seen are AT4s. But the rebates on them haven’t been quite as aggressive as on the lower-mid level Silverados. 

I think they will keep pushing incentives. Ford and Ram are offering crazy incentives right now and it sounds like GM was a bit embarrassed or frustrated that Ram is doing as well as they are. I bought my 2014 around this time of year thinking that I had to get it before the "Truck Month" incentives expired. They were back the very next month lol. Sure the GM trucks are the newest right now, but that didn't stop them from loading up with incentives 5 years ago.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

1/3 of RAMs sales in Q1 were Gen 4 RAMs. So there’s that... and GM knows it. RAM is playing the shorter game here to gain momentum. 

It’s been Truck Month for March AND April already. 

The past 2 months, the highest rebates have hit near the end of the month. So keep that in mind. 

Good or bad I'm on GM vehicle #3 this month.

I could not do a 1500 at this time, numbers would not work out for me or our company. I don't know if it was just the local inventory was not over full or what, or they needed to move some other stuff, but I could not find a 1500 for close to what I paid for any of my 3 Rams, 2-1500's, 1-2500.

After debating it with my local dealer we thought April was about as good as they have seen it for my situation, I looked for 5mo for the Suburban to get where it was. I don't have month restrictions so I can buy these whenever. So I just wait it out in most cases till I see a decent deal and throw them some comps on stuff they have on the lot. The stock numbers are usually sequential so I mix it up in case they want to move older or newer stuff.

So here is how I calculated the below, my out the door price (includes tax, tag, doc, no $ down) divide by sticker price.

'19 Burb = 19% off sticker (with trade was 29% off total but then added a warranty for $2100, so not sure exact on this one % wise)

'19 Colorado = 17% sticker no trade

'19 Terrain =19% sticker no trade

Two for work, one for personal.

Most of that is conquest rebates and GM Financial.

FCA would beat the Terrain $ and rebates with like another smaller Cherokee which we already have one, but it was just easier to text my sales woman and have her work the deal for that GMC. Sign for that in the AM.

Probably could get 2% lower finance rates going non GM Finanical, they are simple loans we can always refi, later if needed.

The inventory buildup is out there.

"Of the nearly 4.2 million vehicles in inventory on April 1, more than half belonged to the Detroit 3 and their dealers. Each of the three companies saw its days-supply numbers dip in March thanks to a strong selling rate for the month, but all still had more inventory than what experts consider ideal.

FCA US began the month with 666,700 vehicles on hand, a 90-day supply; Ford had 715,600, an 84-day supply; and General Motors had an estimated 835,500, an 83-day supply."

https://www.autonews.com/sales/near-record-inventories-pinch-dealers

inventory.thumb.jpg.47a70296c7c6c4e5411b070e2141beef.jpg

Something to remember is that March was part of Q1. GM was pushing to move units at that time to make the sales report look as good as possible. They're at the start of Q2 and already using big incentives to move metal. Lets be real for a second. Although I'm not particularly impressed the the Ram as a whole, they're going to sell plenty of trucks because they have a Ram Classic with way more options than GM does with the 2019 Silverado LD, plus the new 2019 Ram is going to sell to buyers that don't care how bad the payload rating or fuel economy is. They just want a soft ride and big touchscreen.  Ram is offering $15k off a Big Horn, GM is going to have to match that in the LT/RST trims.

Edited by HondaHawkGT
  • Like 1

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/chevrolet-discounts-all-new-2019-silverado-over-9000-in-may-2019/

"It’s worth noting that the full $9,015 discount is not exclusive to Current Competitive Owners, as it was in March. In addition, the financing offer now includes the Silverado RST, which was not part of the offer in April."

So for a LT Crew Cab the incentives got weaker by $500 compared to April? If that's true for dealers looks like I won't be purchasing this month.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk