Rear Defroster Question

Today was the first time I used the rear defroster to clear some dew off the rear window.  I noticed the center sliding section did not heat up.  Both sides worked perfectly.  I made sure the rear window was closed all the way just to make sure it wasn't that.  I know there are lines painted on it, but who knows if the bean counters got their way again.

So- is the sliding portion heated? 

1 hour ago, Limelight said:

Today was the first time I used the rear defroster to clear some dew off the rear window.  I noticed the center sliding section did not heat up.  Both sides worked perfectly.  I made sure the rear window was closed all the way just to make sure it wasn't that.  I know there are lines painted on it, but who knows if the bean counters got their way again.

So- is the sliding portion heated? 

Yep, I've used mine many times already and everything heats up including the middle.

Edited by z1boss
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, z1boss said:

Yep, I've used mine many times already and everything heats up including the middle.

Great, thanks!  Now, do I go to the dealer and risk get a new leaking rear window or live with it...

Decisions....  :)

• Like 1