How many Inches from the ground to your rear diff ?

Can you guys measure how many inches of room there is from the ground to the bottom of your rear diff ?  

Looking for TB and AT4 guys and also standard 4x4 

Buddies new Rebel is at 9.5 while my 2019 Denali 4x4 is 

Thanks 

Depends on which tires it has on it from the factory. The Duratracs are LT275/65R18 (~32") and the 20" optional wheels come with 275/60R20 (~33"). Since the axles should be the same, you could measure any K2 or T1 truck and get a pretty close measurement if you adjust for tire sizes.

I think the Rebel comes standard with 33's but if it came with the coil spring suspension, the rest of the truck is at the same height as a standard Ram. Only has additional ground clearance if it has the air ride suspension. That has a negative effect on approach and breakover angles.

8 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Depends on which tires it has on it from the factory. The Duratracs are LT275/65R18 (~32") and the 20" optional wheels come with 275/60R20 (~33"). Since the axles should be the same, you could measure any K2 or T1 truck and get a pretty close measurement if you adjust for tire sizes.

I think the Rebel comes standard with 33's but if it came with the coil spring suspension, the rest of the truck is at the same height as a standard Ram. Only has additional ground clearance if it has the air ride suspension. That has a negative effect on approach and breakover angles.

These are great points 

1 hour ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Alright I just measured my truck. Exactly 9.5" with LT285/70R17's. Should be the same as a Trail Boss with 33's.

This is on your 14 right ?  thank you 

This is my Trailboss and it comes out to just a touch over 10 inches (line for 10 inch mark is in between the 1 and the 0).  I have aftermarket tires that measure 33.5 tall when new but they are used and I just measured them, on the vehicle they come out to 32.5 right now with the weight of the vehicle pushing down on them

20190429_192052.thumb.jpg.24b37631313b02f21db726290d0f59b5.jpg

Edited by z1boss

26 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Yes. Should be the same in theory. Other than some of the axles now being made in a GM plant in Michigan, nothing changed with the axle as far as I know.

The axles are not the same on the 19s.  They are different.

3 hours ago, z1boss said:

The axles are not the same on the 19s.  They are different.

Good to know. I figured the pumpkin would be the same since the internals and codes were the same. Does your axle have markings indicating it's one of the axles GM is making in Michigan now?

Edited by HondaHawkGT

1 hour ago, z1boss said:

This is my Trailboss and it comes out to just a touch over 10 inches (line for 10 inch mark is in between the 1 and the 0).  I have aftermarket tires that measure 33.5 tall when new but they are used and I just measured them, on the vehicle they come out to 32.5 right now with the weight of the vehicle pushing down on them

Nice height in for TB

18 hours ago, z1boss said:

Looks like a remeasure is in order.  You are not at the bottom.  I say less that 9.75"

23 minutes ago, teyaroch said:

Looks like a remeasure is in order.  You are not at the bottom.  I say less that 9.75"

Its 100% 10 inches.  It's just the angle of the picture.  The bottom of the pumpkin is 10 inches.  I do realize that the tape is not in the center but I just looked across and it's at 10

20 minutes ago, z1boss said:

Its 100% 10 inches.  It's just the angle of the picture.  The bottom of the pumpkin is 10 inches.  I do realize that the tape is not in the center but I just looked across and it's at 10

I can attest- its very hard to hold the tape measure and get a good photo under there!

• Like 1