FACTORY RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE

Anyone else notice that the 2019 Silverado has different recommended tire pressure for front and rear tires. I just picked up a new Doublecab Z71 LTZ and I noticed recommended tire pressure, on inside of door was 32 psi for steer axle and 35 psi for back axle. Not a real big deal, other than having to check tire pressure when doing tire rotations

19 minutes ago, tbare54 said:

Anyone else notice that the 2019 Silverado has different recommended tire pressure for front and rear tires. I just picked up a new Doublecab Z71 LTZ and I noticed recommended tire pressure, on inside of door was 32 psi for steer axle and 35 psi for back axle. Not a real big deal, other than having to check tire pressure when doing tire rotations

Interesting. My crew cab standard bed Sierra with 6.2L says 35 all around. What engine is yours? Is it 4x4? Maybe it’s something with less weight up front?

My buddy owns the dealership I bought my RST 5.3L Z71 with 20"s from. He put everything to 38. Seems to be working fine. With the weather changes of North Texas in the spring, I'm seeing my daily pressure readings change from 35/36 to 37/38. 

Another poster (@Wiggums, I think) noted that due to some stutter-drift in his Z71 rear end, he's running lower tire pressure in the rear. 

I don't haul much of anything too often, so I might try running 32-34 in the rears and 36-38 in the front and see how it affects the ride. 

EDIT: checked and the reco on mine are 32 front, 35 rear. 

Edited by econometrics

I run 36 front, due to weight of engine, and 33/34 rear if not hauling / towing anything. I use the chalk test to check for proper tread contact and adjust accordingly. Also as an FYI I'm running a 1' wider tire over OEM on the stock wheel so that will make a difference on tread contact. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, econometrics said:

Another poster (@Wiggums, I think) noted that due to some stutter-drift in his Z71 rear end, he's running lower tire pressure in the rear.  

I looked again, I was mistaken.. it's 32 front and 35 rear. When the stutter happened, it was actually 42 psi. The dealer had it set that way. It hasn't happened at 32.

The other dealership said the twin tube shocks and high psi could be aggravating it. Since I got the tire down to 32 psi, below the recommended 35 psi, and added a few things in the back, the ride is pretty different now.

• Like 1