May Incentives / Memorial Day Sales

Wow, you're probably better off buying here in California since you won't need to pay sales tax as an out-of-state resident and we cap our documentation fees at only $80. Some dealerships in Arizona charge up to $600!]

Luckily my wife is a teacher so the GM educator program limits doc fee. Otherwise ya most Phoenix dealerships charge $499. I'm pretty sure I'd have to pay sales tax once I register the vehicle in Arizona so unfortunately I wouldn't be avoiding that.

Looking at your link it looks like Glendora Chevrolet has $14.5k off MSRP.... Not sure I can believe that. I assume they load their trucks with dealer add ons to make up for it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, sdkraemer said:

Do you know which dealer has the $14k off? I'm in Tucson, AZ so there's a chance it's not too far.

I just found out you may still have to pay California sales tax on new vehicle purchases and there seems to be no way to avoid that. If the tires touch any street in California after the purchase, 7.75% sales tax must be paid. I think that could be a deal-breaker.

32 minutes ago, sdkraemer said:

Looking at your link it looks like Glendora Chevrolet has $14.5k off MSRP.... Not sure I can believe that. I assume they load their trucks with dealer add ons to make up for it.

No, the price they show is supposed to be the final price. I got $10k off mine two months ago. My friend got $13k off his. When I got mine, they didn't add on anything, no bedliner, nothing.

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

I just found out you may still have to pay California sales tax on new vehicle purchases and there seems to be no way to avoid that. If the tires touch any street in California after the purchase, 7.75% sales tax must be paid. I think that could be a deal-breaker.

If you ship to AZ., s/b no tax.....may still work if cost is less with ship included......

The wheels of the new truck CANNOT touch any road in California.. and shipping must have Bill of Lading. The dealership may require that to ensure the wheels of the truck will not touch the road after the purchase.

I learned some dealerships do it that way.. ship it to Primm, Nevada (which is on the border) and the buyer can drive it away. It's stupid, I know... I have been looking into that and it seems there's no way unless the new vehicle is trucked out.