Annoying Electronics Gremlins - Anyone Else???

My truck has never been back to the dealer since I drove it off lot almost 4 months ago so they didn't install any updates.  Is the General  pushing updates out via Onstar in the middle of the night unbeknownst to owners?  Doesn't make sense that this would be an issue.  Why would it only reset a "couple" settings to what I believe to be factory default settings.  All I'm getting reset is auto lock, all doors unlock and clearing Sirius station presets.  I believe the ESC to be a separate issue....

7 hours ago, rikhek said:

My truck has never been back to the dealer since I drove it off lot almost 4 months ago so they didn't install any updates.  Is the General  pushing updates out via Onstar in the middle of the night unbeknownst to owners?  Doesn't make sense that this would be an issue.  Why would it only reset a "couple" settings to what I believe to be factory default settings.  All I'm getting reset is auto lock, all doors unlock and clearing Sirius station presets.  I believe the ESC to be a separate issue....

GM will push Infotainment and Onstar Updates down but you have to approve the installation of the updates. Other software updates have to be installed by the dealer and they probably have a list of 4 to 6 updates to be installed when the vehicle comes into the dealership.

Crazy ass truck performed another settings change overnight.  Again changed the Passive Unlock Feature from "ALL DOORS" to just "DRIVERS DOOR".  I thought it interesting as it didn't also change the Passive Door Lock off at the same time.  For some reason I was thinking these two changes were probably happening simultaneously, however, I appear to be wrong in my assumption.  They are happening independent of each other...

3 hours ago, destrada127 said:

@rikhek I have another 1 that has happened twice now. My ac is on and on auto, see temp in dial, but my screen says climate off b81c736599cf437d5bbc1fb4c2f890f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This one seems pretty common. I had it for the first time the other day but have heard many others with it as well.

Doesn’t appear to matter what mode it’s in. It shouldn’t say “off” unless the whole system is off.

This one seems pretty common. I had it for the first time the other day but have heard many others with it as well.

Doesn’t appear to matter what mode it’s in. It shouldn’t say “off” unless the whole system is off.
Yah I got it as well last week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:46 PM, JR09country said:

I had a new one pop up yesterday. When I went to change the fan control, the climate screen popped up but the temp read 0 degrees and the bar that changes when you turn the fan knob did nothing. The actual controls worked though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mine has done the exact same thing several times except the temp shows 61 regardless of what it is set on. Haven't seen it do it for quite a while.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:33 AM, pmhinatl said:

K2xx trucks had similarly odd electrical/computer problems that were often traced back to a bad wiring harness ground connection 

Yeah, I've seen threads where several people report strange electronics malfunctions that were solved by checking grounding/battery etc. If any of these electronics lose voltage, they go haywire.

• Like 1

Are you sure it's on "AUTO"?  I'm not sure it matters but I noticed it looks like the light below the word "AUTO" on the knob is not illuminated?
Yeah I just had it on max defrost and then changed it to auto, all while the screen continued to display "climate off"

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk