I will be using this truck (19 Sierra CC standard bed 6.2) mainly to tow a travel trailer at 6k pounds with a tongue weight of 800.  I hooked up the other day and the truck squatted 2".  This is without the additional 400 pounds of camping stuff usually in the bed.  I'm considering Timbrens, but was going to make one trip first before I decide.  Has anyone used them in this situation and did they help?   

Timbrens work well when fully loaded, but the ride sucks when riding empty or half-loaded.

I tried them for 1 winter and took them off the rear end and install Hellwig helper springs instead. I only put about 200# of sand bags in the back for ballast. Now I only run timbrens on the front for plowing.

I would recommend getting sumo springs or something that you can adjust the air pressure in so it is always in contact, thus eliminating the bang/bounce of hitting the stops when your bed is empty.

17 minutes ago, aseibel said:

Timbrens work well when fully loaded, but the ride sucks when riding empty or half-loaded.

I tried them for 1 winter and took them off the rear end and install Hellwig helper springs instead. I only put about 200# of sand bags in the back for ballast. Now I only run timbrens on the front for plowing.

I would recommend getting sumo springs or something that you can adjust the air pressure in so it is always in contact, thus eliminating the bang/bounce of hitting the stops when your bed is empty.

I'll give it a try next weekend and see what's what.  The wdh should be able to keep it close to level.  

Have you considered using a weight distribution hitch?  I just bought a similar truck (short box though) and will be towing a 7000 lb travel trailer.  I'm coming from a 2500 diesel so I'm hoping this truck doesn't have issues towing it.  Also, you might want to move stuff around to get your tongue weight closer to 10% of your total trailer weight.

Edited by Maize & Blue

On 4/20/2019 at 9:53 AM, Maize & Blue said:

Have you considered using a weight distribution hitch?  I just bought a similar truck (short box though) and will be towing a 7000 lb travel trailer.  I'm coming from a 2500 diesel so I'm hoping this truck doesn't have issues towing it.  Also, you might want to move stuff around to get your tongue weight closer to 10% of your total trailer weight.

Have the wdh.  The trailer's kitchen is forward of the axle.  It's heavy by design.