I have a Trail Boss LT that I will be installing a Motofab 1.5" leveling kit in. I have been doing all kinds of research on what size Nitto Ridge Grapplers I want to put on my 20" Fuel Maverick rims with a +1 offset. Mainly been looking at the 295/60r20 (33.93x11.77) and the 305/55r20 (33.23x12.44). I like the width of the 305/55 but wish it had the height of the 295/60. Was curious if any other trail boss owners had some pictures they'd want to share of their aftermarket tire setups.These trucks are BIG and IMO the stock tires look too small on them. Trying to fill out the wheel well as mush as possible without rubbing too bad. Not opposed to trimming some liner, but no metal. Thanks guys!

Edited by Kyle Haslam
Insert tags

10 hours ago, Kyle Haslam said:

I have a Trail Boss LT that I will be installing a Motofab 1.5" leveling kit in. I have been doing all kinds of research on what size Nitto Ridge Grapplers I want to put on my 20" Fuel Maverick rims with a +1 offset. Mainly been looking at the 295/60r20 (33.93x11.77) and the 305/55r20 (33.23x12.44). I like the width of the 305/55 but wish it had the height of the 295/60. Was curious if any other trail boss owners had some pictures they'd want to share of their aftermarket tire setups.These trucks are BIG and IMO the stock tires look too small on them. Trying to fill out the wheel well as mush as possible with rubbing too bad. Not opposed to trimming some liner, but no metal. Thanks guys!

I have 305/55R20 on my Trail Boss with no level and it did rub.  I removed the bracket pushing the mudflaps forward this past weekend and no more rubbing.

Snapchat-158778789.jpg

Edited by z1boss
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, z1boss said:

I have 305/55R20 on my Trail Boss with no level and it did rub.  I removed the bracket pushing the mudflaps forward this past weekend and no more rubbing.

Snapchat-158778789.jpg

Truck looks awesome! Are you happy with how the tires fill out the truck? Or does any part of you wish you had gone bigger?

7 hours ago, BlackLS said:

Still have stock wheels so I do not have a picture to share but would like to see a picture of your Mavericks when you get them installed.

I will be sure to put some pictures up. I work on a ship and am gone currently. Once I get home in just over a week I'll be going to the shop to test fit some tires and will let you guys know what I go with.

2 hours ago, Kyle Haslam said:

Truck looks awesome! Are you happy with how the tires fill out the truck? Or does any part of you wish you had gone bigger?

I am happy with how the tire fills out the wheel wells.  If I would have leveled it, the tire may have looked smaller since the gaps around it would have been bigger.  I already had these tires on my last truck so I just installed them on this.  Had i not had tires already, I would have leveled it and tried to stuff 35x12.5s on there but that's just me though lol.  I would have put 37s if I knew i could fit them, the bigger the better.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:37 AM, z1boss said:

I am happy with how the tire fills out the wheel wells.  If I would have leveled it, the tire may have looked smaller since the gaps around it would have been bigger.  I already had these tires on my last truck so I just installed them on this.  Had i not had tires already, I would have leveled it and tried to stuff 35x12.5s on there but that's just me though lol.  I would have put 37s if I knew i could fit them, the bigger the better.

what kind of fuel mileage are you making with your current tires? Trying to decide if im going to put a mt or at on my truck. My last truck made horrible fuel mileage regardless so i wasn't worried about it lol.

35 minutes ago, Unclebud87 said:

what kind of fuel mileage are you making with your current tires? Trying to decide if im going to put a mt or at on my truck. My last truck made horrible fuel mileage regardless so i wasn't worried about it lol.

12-14 mpg city and 16 highway.   I do drive aggressively all the time though.  I have gotten up to 21 mpg highway with these tires but I was driving very lightly and it was downhill for the most part.

• Like 1