Lifting or Leveling? Opinions on towing performance and looks?

On 4/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, Cruising1976 said:

Have a 2inch level and just installed ko2 285/65r20.  No rub so far.  I will likely block the back 1in to keep a 1/2 rake.  Right now the front is 1/2 high.  I also may go with just a front 1.5inch level and leave the rear alone. 

9D7EB39F-EABB-4A56-99E9-80A9C7F9BB90.jpeg

Just curious if you are still liking the 285/65/20 tires? Any rubbing issues develop? 

Thanks

Here's my Denali after adding 1" blocks to the mix with the leveling kit.  These are Toyo OC ATII 33X12.50s on Mayhem Crossfire 22X9.5 wheels with a TrailFX level kit.  The kit puts the front end about 1/2 inch higher than the back.  Adding the blocks gives back a 1/2" of rake.

20190604_175352.jpg

20190604_175335.jpg

Edited by LTOmaha
  • Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 6:26 PM, Wintersun said:

With any amount of trailer load on the rear of the truck it will be level. It is designed to be a truck and have a load in the bed and then be level and not shinning its lights into the eyes of oncoming drivers.

Lifting is for guys who have trouble picking up chicks (or women) and could care less about off-road or towing performance or their ability to put anything into the bed. With my 2500HD 4WD truck the bed is already 40 inches off the ground and I need to lean past a 24 inch tailgate to put anything into the bed and to get anything out. Now if all I carried were groceries in the cab of the truck it would not matter in the least.

I figure the higher the truck the lower the owner's IQ.

Did he just wrote that ??

I dont really do levelling or lifting because it seems to have few advantages, i already feel like a full size truck sits pretty high and i dont really need to sit higher. Rake does not bother me and I tow occasionally. I do realize sitting higher can be fun though.

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 11:21 AM, LTOmaha said:

Here's my Denali after adding 1" blocks to the mix with the leveling kit.  These are Toyo OC ATII 33X12.50s on Mayhem Crossfire 22X9.5 wheels with a TrailFX level kit.  The kit puts the front end about 1/2 inch higher than the back.  Adding the blocks gives back a 1/2" of rake.

20190604_175352.jpg

20190604_175335.jpg

Where did you find the 1 inch rear block? Been looking at doing the same thing as you. 

I'm about to get a new ltz max tow and am considering this same dilemma.  I wanted the rough country 3" lift/level kit but I'm not sure.  It does 3" in the front and 1.5 rear.  On my 2014 I did 5100 on the front and added air lift 5000 air bags on the back.  This kept it perfectly level towing and rode very well.  

Need to figure out my perfect combo here.  I wanna keep 33" tires on it to not reduce my gear ratio any while towing.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a 2 inch rough country level with 295/60/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2.  No rubbing at all.  Steering wheel a little off center to the right after alignment but made an appointment with dealership and they said they could fix the wheel.  The level and initial alignment was not done at the dealership.  The truck does drive straight though.  They aligned it three times at the first shop and just could not get the wheel perfectly center. Really happy with the way it looks and still drives comfortably like factory.  Haven't noticed much gas mileage loss either.  I have a 2-wheel drive LT and the level came out perfect I've heard the Z71 doesn't need the full 2 inches to be level but I don't know.

20190917_135226.jpg