Hood Deflector and WIndow Guards - Photos

Thanks they are way cheaper on rock auto, never thought of searching there. I did find the smoke low profile but the picture differs from yours. I wonder if it’s actually different or a mistake on the sites behalf. I really love the way it looks on yours just want the smoke for some glossy effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks they are way cheaper on rock auto, never thought of searching there. I did find the smoke low profile but the picture differs from yours. I wonder if it’s actually different or a mistake on the sites behalf. I really love the way it looks on yours just want the smoke for some glossy effect.

edit: the second picture shows it like yours!

• 1 month later...

I too wondered what the point was, but I after riding in my daughter's car with them, I realized how much I enjoy them.  I have been looking for a pair for my truck, but I see there are a lot of in-channel users here and that was one of the ones I was debating.  I see pros and cons of the two I am debating about, but maybe someone here can give me some advice on the in-channel and outside the window (that stick on).  Here are the ones, I am debating: 

In-channel

Pros:  They seem more sturdy because they fit inside of the window seal.  Cons:  They seem smaller/shorter.

Outside window deflectors

Pros:  They are larger and allow more air flow in when cracked.  Cons:  They are on the outside of the truck, so do they fall off easily, i.e. after a hard storm or when going through a car wash?

Had them on some cars before.  They use 3m tape and do not come off easily at all.  The bigger ones just look less modern and are not as aesthetically pleasing. In-channel wind deflectors are merely the style these days.  

I have In channels on my 2011. I like them because they don’t leak in pounding rain like the exterior ones I had on other vehicles occasionally would.

I like window vents because in the ridiculous heat and humidity of the South you can park with your windows open a bit. When I get into my truck after a 12 hour work day it’s hot but not insane like when I forget to crack the windows.

Also gives me air flow options while driving in rain, snow (yes, we get it occasionally here), etc. 

171f58514f6f5921bef1b89edb303c9b.jpgb05b78bd0b709619a992a009138dd39a.jpg

097cd24279d09e318fdbdc826c4e5541.jpge5c88874be0531e6af85d637bc0cfc3f.jpg

Aeroskin 2 not sure about the raised portion

I had a aeroskin 1 half of it came off on the highway at around 85mph wind got under it (covered under warranty)

Hopefully this One holds up better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1