Which tonneau. BAKFlip MX4 or Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite?

On 3/23/2019 at 10:38 AM, Bgctrading said:

I bought the mx4 because the reviews on the elite said the handle would freeze in the winter and you couldn't open it. I also bought mine from truckalterations.com for 755.00 with free shipping just email them and ask for their best price.

Just got the MX4 from them for $755 as well. Thanks for the heads up!!!

49 minutes ago, Drew03Z said:

Does the MX4 touch the cab or glass when folded all the way up? When folded all the way up, like when something big in bed, does it stay up by itself or does it fall over?? Thanks

Go watch a YouTube video. It can either rest against the cab with rubber bumpers or stay strapped down covering just part of the bed.

52 minutes ago, Drew03Z said:

Does the MX4 touch the cab or glass when folded all the way up? When folded all the way up, like when something big in bed, does it stay up by itself or does it fall over?? Thanks

Mine rests on the glass when all the way up, does not interfere with the Camera if equipped but does block the whole rear window.

On 3/31/2019 at 8:00 PM, Controller23 said:

Does anyone actually have the g4 elite on their 2019??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the G4 Elite on my '19 Silverado LTZ.  I debated on several different covers.  I had the G4 on my 2007 so I was familiar with it and liked it.  The rails for the cover sit on the bed rails as opposed to some of the other that the rails mounted inside the bed rails.  I haul stuff in the bed and can't afford getting the rails bent.  The G4 doesn't have drain tubes.  And the G4 can be opened from the front.  Not exactly water tight, but few rarely are.  

I have the MX4 on my 18 and really like it.     I'm not really concerned with it being 100% water resistant or anything so that is not an issue for me.  

My only observations after about 14 months of use are:

1.  It's heavy, almost too heavy to fold up one armed sometimes with my janky old elbows/shoulders - especially considering anyone wanting to break in could just bust the two tiny plastic nubs locking it down by the tailgate with a small lever.

2.  The cables that activate the locking/unlocking of each section I'm pretty sure they are going to wear out sooner than later.

3.  I wish it could lock at every position instead of just the last two towards the cab....and that leads me to....

4.  I wish it folded up a bit more compactly instead of blocking the entire rear window.