Any LT Trail Boss Regrets?

Get the LTZ and have them throw a lift on it from the factory.  You have the option of the 6.2 at that point as well.   I looked at the trail boss and didn't see any advantage except that they had it all packaged and ready to out the door that day for you.   They look incredible but it's just a lift with their wheels.  

I bought the RST and the 6” BDS is sitting in the bed of the truck. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 11:18 AM, SLC said:

I have 3000 miles on my Trail Boss and avg about 18 miles to the gallon. On a negative note I noticed water on the back seat after it had rained. Guess it goes in on Monday to have that fixed. The lift on it sucks waiting for BDS to do a suspension lift for it. 

What is wrong with the 2" GM lifts? How is BDS  different? 

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

By 4”.

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

By 4”.

Got it. Thx. That is huge considering I think the TB lifts are huge fresh from the OEM. I like your style. So the 4” is a little low vs 6” of pure clearance.  Its also interesting that the 2019 4X4 and 2X4 are basically the same height with decent clearance.  

One think I don't like about the LT trail boss, is you cannot get leather with a bench seat, whereas on the LT you can. You can get the Z71 package and also the factory 2" lift kit from GM and have a "trail boss" if you want, minus the decals. 

The factory 2" lift kit does not "suck". It's actually a really good deal for what you get, if it's what you want. 

If you want more than that, then its a waste of money to buy a trail boss in the first place. 

A lot of people are going to be better off just getting a regular ole' LT model and then doing the mods they really want.

• Like 2

I think the trail boss height is about perfect. I don't have measurements but I would say the TB is about the same height as a normal F150. At least reaching in the back of the bed to get something. The Silverado always seemed lower than an f150

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, protovack said:

One think I don't like about the LT trail boss, is you cannot get leather with a bench seat, whereas on the LT you can. You can get the Z71 package and also the factory 2" lift kit from GM and have a "trail boss" if you want, minus the decals. 

The factory 2" lift kit does not "suck". It's actually a really good deal for what you get, if it's what you want. 

If you want more than that, then its a waste of money to buy a trail boss in the first place. 

A lot of people are going to be better off just getting a regular ole' LT model and then doing the mods they really want.

Except for the LT will have chrome bumpers. I bet many people are paying the money for the trail boss so they can get the black and paint color combo. 

Edited by spizike9
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, spizike9 said:

Except for the LT will have chrome bumpers. I bet many people are paying the money for the trail boss so they can get the black and paint color combo. 

that's true. 

Me personally, I'd take the chrome metal bumper any day over gloss black plastic. And thats not for aesthetic reasons :)

False. I have Bose.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Then the Chevy website must be wrong because it says Bose only comes with conveince package 2 on RST or LT trail boss only. Or I am an idiot0da343c3fd122b9bcc51d17212e622cd.jpg

Then the Chevy website must be wrong because it says Bose only comes with conveince package 2 on RST or LT trail boss only. Or I am an idiot0da343c3fd122b9bcc51d17212e622cd.jpg

Shiiiiiit. My bad, bud. I thought you were referring to the LT TB. Carry on...

Shiiiiiit. My bad, bud. I thought you were referring to the LT TB. Carry on...

No worries. I crossed the regular LT off the list early because it didn't have Bose. I don't like chrome but it does hold up better than painted

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

I have duratacs for winter tires on my 16 and it is a love/hate relationship. Was thinking of asking the dealer to swap the duratacs out for a less aggressive tread tire like what comes on the 20 inch rims.

Thoughts?

Might also see if I can get the bottom valence for the front bumper to help with the mpg a little.

I got 20's on my Trailboss. It's a factory option. That gives you the Bridgestones also. Way nicer tire than the the Goodyears. $800 option for the rims and tires. Best decision I ever made

20190325_075841_HDR.jpg