New owner, coming from 2016 F-150 XLT with long bed to 2019 Silverado RST w/ Z71

New 2019 Silverado RST Z71 Owner Here. Be very gentle with me.

In 2012, I traded in my four-year-old Benz C300 for a mere $13,000. It kind of stung because I bought it at $39,000. I got a new Ford F-150 which was $39,000 but I bought it at $29,000. Four years later, in 2016, I traded it in for $24,000 for another F-150. Realizing trucks get better resale value, I am sticking with trucks.

Just now, I traded it in for a decent $30,000 for a brand-new 2019 Silverado RST Z71. The new Silverado was $10,000 off MSRP so that was a no-brainer for me, especially since this was an all-new 2019 model. I'm not into brand loyalty but there are brands I will not consider, even at $15,000 off MSRP. Hell, I'd disown my family if they drove certain brands.

One thing I'm going to miss is the keypad. I travel overseas a lot and leave my keys in the truck, using the keypad when I come back. I can't stand the thought of losing my keys when I'm traveling. The new Silverado can be unlocked remotely on my phone which is nice. And it also has keyless entry which I am not too fond of because it can drain the battery. I am looking into the Hitch Safe but I am not sure if it is a good idea leaving the key fob so close to the truck.

With the keyless start, is it okay if I leave it in the truck instead or will that drain the battery? Has Chevrolet designed it so that it won't do that? After all, it does warn me that I am leaving the key fob inside. Wouldn't that tell it to stop searching?

I used to think there was a sensor in the rear seat because the screen would remind me. Then I realized it was my actions that prompted the pop-up. It's a very thoughtful feature.

It handles well, better than my F-150, but it could be due to the RST Z71 trim. I am not into off-roading but do drive in snow and mud a lot being in Mexico and all that.

I am tempted to change the "Silverado" to "Cheyenne" like the Mexican version. Is it even possible? Has anybody done it? My friend changed his "F-150" to the Mexican "Lobo" and I liked it.

The picture is my new baby.

Silverado.jpg