Windshield etching

Has anyone taken delivery of a new vehicle that had a distinctive marking on the windshield? I purchased the truck new and did not see anything when I drove it off the lot. You can only see it when the light enters the windshield a certain way. Pic attached. I have tried a clay bar with no success. Any other ideas out there? If I can't remove it, I am going to seek a warranty repair. Thanks in advance. 

Windshield etching.JPG

2 minutes ago, Chief 1523 said:

Has anyone taken delivery of a new vehicle that had a distinctive marking on the windshield? I purchased the truck new and did not see anything when I drove it off the lot. You can only see it when the light enters the windshield a certain way. Pic attached. I have tried a clay bar with no success. Any other ideas out there? If I can't remove it, I am going to seek a warranty repair. Thanks in advance. 

Windshield etching.JPG

I would just take it back since it's new and have them replace the windshield, it's pretty much in the drivers line of sight and should be replace without question.

27 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Looks like where the dealer put their stock tag. They will leave "shadows" depending on how long it was in the truck. Try cleaning the inside of the window, and see if that helps.

Thats what I was thinking too. I'd clean the inside first and see if that takes care of it. It's unlikely there is any actual damage to the glass. Goo Gone is your friend.

• Like 1

when we bought my wife's car (mazda) it had 'suction cup' marks on the windshield that we couldn't get off no matter what we tried.

she took the car back to the dealership when the sun was at the right angle, showed them and had a new windshield within a couple of days (no charge to us)

• Like 1

Weird stuff happens. At my last job the VW we had for customer visits had a spot where some sort of defect caused distortion. It was on the passenger side so it wasn’t too distracting. Just weird. 

• 2 weeks later...