What is GMC thinking?

15 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I don’t think GMC cares to sell many trucks below the SLT trim. Seeing an W/T, SLE or an Elevation on the road is pretty darn rare.

I've only seen about five T1 trucks out in the wild so far, so I would not say any trim is popular. lol

If we're talking about the K2 trucks, in my area, the 2016-2018 Elevation is one of the most popular configurations I see.  I snatched up one for myself, so that may bias my perception a bit, but they are certainly not rare. 

Edited by rkj__

I had a ‘16 SLE and it was pretty lonely around here with it. Lot more Denalis and SLTs.

Seems the pattern will hold true again. When all but a handful of the #1 volume GMC dealer’s trucks are SLT and higher, I have to assume that either production of the lower trims isn’t top priority, ordering them isn’t top priority or this dealer and every one around me are just outliers in the bigger trend.

479071B6-C45A-4913-A91F-7C7CAD5D6967.thumb.jpeg.23589bf3aac37cfaf2b721448d59af7a.jpeg

17 hours ago, CombsL83 said:

New truck prices are crazy as is. Let someone else be the guinea pig and work out the kinks and deal with the recalls for a year or two and grab a low mileage one at a huge discount.

you obviously haven't been in the 'used' truck market ... around here it's almost cheaper to order a truck than buy some ragged out truck for 90% of new ..

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 5:01 PM, steveved said:

So, one of my best friends works at the local GMC dealership.  Whenever I am considering a new truck purchase, I always start with him.

Today, I stopped by his dealership to take a look at the new GMC Sierra Evolution.  Nice looking truck, but $50k for a double cab (NO crew cab option), 5.3L and NO leather option....  cloth only?

No thanks.  

At a local Chevy dealer, I saw a Silverado RST with the same 5.3L engine, leather and it was a crew cab.  The sticker was $48k and it was marked down to $42k.  That is much more reasonable.

I don't buy cloth seats anymore.  Too hard to keep clean.  Even if they come with some coating on them.  It only lasts a year and then the seats will stain.  I'd rather pay the extra $800 for leather. 

And here I thought GMC was supposed to be an up-brand to Chevrolet.  Yet no leather option on the Evolution.  I even used their build and price tool to see if it was something that can be added/ordered.  Nope.

I'm the opposite.  I love cloth and hate leather.  Don't like a leather recliner or couch.  Give me cloth .  Feels better.